Author: kongque

why amerika will never win in Afghanistan [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-14 01:07:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2011-4-14 00:44
I noticed that Islamic culture seems to trigger off your extreme feminism every time.  This is stereotyping behavior at its worst!

Extreme feminism?

How so?

Think of it this way - if we were to replace gender with race, would you feel the same?

What if in afghanistan it was common to beat black men on the street.  What if all asian people had to fully cover up in a certain dress style?

What if it was a crime for a indian to walk down the street unaccompanied?

Would you call that discrimination?  Wouldn't you feel outrage?  Why is it different if its a female?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-14 01:20:03 |Display all floors

Reply #7 JFenix's post

I'm really amazed with your incredible power of synthesis over a milenar culture. Congrats.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-14 01:29:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by GoChina888 at 2011-4-14 01:20
I'm really amazed with your incredible power of synthesis over a milenar culture. Congrats.

And yet you still didn't answer my question.

What does milenar mean?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-14 01:35:07 |Display all floors
How about this logic GoChina.....

Should I not condemn the rape of nanking because it's just a 'cultural' thing?  Respecting japanese culture is more important than commiserating with japans victims?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-14 01:43:27 |Display all floors
Pentagon rednecks do not have to be smart.

But even Pentagon rednecks probably know that this war was started not to win in. Nobody needs to win a war. Neiher war in Afghanistan nor war on terror.

The real reason for any war is completely different. It was presented by Geroge Orwell in "1984":

The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. Hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance.

This new version is the past and no different past can ever have existed. In principle the war effort is always planned to keep society on the brink of starvation.

The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over either Eurasia or East Asia, but to keep the very structure of society intact.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-14 01:49:40 |Display all floors

Yeah...cause that's a great strategy.  Has been working real well for us.  All the way to the poor house!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-14 04:14:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2011-4-14 01:29

And yet you still didn't answer my question.

What does milenar mean?

Sorry...millenial culture.

And sorry again, this time for you, for your biased view of a whole culture that you summarized thru an aspect only.

But otherwise it's practical...

Western culture = 1492 events... see? Summarization

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.