Views: 7093|Replies: 20

Chinas greatest inventions in the past 20 years   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-2 23:58:48 |Display all floors
What Chinese inventions from the past twenty years changed your daily lifes the most? Which Chinese inventions astonished you the most?

Please just oppinions, no dicussions about whether an inventions is really Chinese or so.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-3 16:43:05 |Display all floors
C'mon guys, aren't there any Chinese inventions that amazed you?

I'll give it a start: hybrid rice by Yuan Longping. Of course, this invention is now 40 years old, but it's still as amazing and as important as it was in the 1970ies.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-31 16:08:39 |Display all floors
i watched that documentary ,he spent like nearly a hundred years getting it right. i trust it much more to stand the test of time than some thing made in one year that is GE .
my favorite is neodymium magnet brush less  geared electric bike motors
every body writes on walls but me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-3-31 16:11:31 |Display all floors
my favorite is neodymium magnet brush less  geared electric bike motors

What are the advantages of this motor? Sounds interesting, especially for other purposes in the industrial field...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-1 04:01:07 |Display all floors
@vanwilder: The Godson Processor & TD-SCDMA were rather a step back than forward.
The DF-21D however (I had to do some reseach on that name first ) is a real innovation that enables mankind to actually do something new (even though it's a military appliance). It also gives China an edge in controlling the naval soverenity in its disputed area - quite cool stuff!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-2 09:45:40 |Display all floors
{:soso_e122:}
"Let her sleep, for when she wakes, she will shake the world." [Napoleon Bonaparte about China]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-4-2 11:43:34 |Display all floors
Charles K. Kao, Father of Fiber-Optics...
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.