Author: cjamesyee

Europe and the headscarf [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-8 21:00:56 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-4-6 18:17
Quite sexy pics even if we don't see shapely legs, curvy chests etc.

MUSLIM WOMEN REALLY BEAUTIFUL.
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 21:18:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2011-4-6 18:17
Quite sexy pics even if we don't see shapely legs, curvy chests etc.

MUSL!M WOMEN REALLY BEAUTY.
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 21:20:22 |Display all floors
stock-photo-veiled-muslim-girl-5060302.jpg
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2011-4-8 21:36:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cjamesyee at 2011-4-8 21:18

MUSL!M WOMEN REALLY BEAUTY.

Yes I see what you mean

Enough to give you a stiffy in the snow

Chao Ren VFP
They leave it on during sex, cos they too ugly/

Chao Ren VFP

[ Last edited by 1584austin at 2011-4-9 04:05 AM ]
Double header.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 22:42:11 |Display all floors

A Christian in Hijab

A year ago in university campuses across the United States, students and staff marched and held rallies advocating education reform and protesting recent tuition hikes, salary reductions, and layoffs. On my lunch break one day between teaching classes at the University of California, Irvine, I made my way to the Student Center, past the booming chants of protest, the students of the Korean Club selling $2 cups of Bobo tea and a local rock radio station giving away t-shirts.

One small booth made me pause. Pamphlets in hand, scarves on their heads, a group of young women from the Muslim Student Association were speaking quietly to passing women. I stopped to ask what they were doing. They told me that non-Muslim women were being given the opportunity to wear a hijab for 24 hours to experience what Muslim women experience. In the end, the women could keep the beautiful scarves.

Immediately I thought of my sister, who converted to Islam while a graduate student at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee 18 years ago. It took some years for the family to adjust to my sister’s conversion. Although we were not raised as strict church-goers and belonged to perhaps the most open of the Protestant denominations, the Disciples of Christ, her leaving the faith in which she’d been raised was like a personal betrayal and a sign of loss of the girl we knew and loved. As for me, I groped forward in understanding it while on the outside playing the role of supportive sister.
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 22:42:39 |Display all floors
My sister, my leader, the maverick of the family with pretty hair and an hourglass figure, the runner of marathons who approached life courageously, was choosing to cover and change what I had admired and dreamed of emulating all my shy, self-restrained life.

But I could not deny the fact that my sister was and is still very much like my sister, only more so. To be sure, she adjusted her physical activities, but changed in her increased faith in God and determination to live life on her own terms. Today she reminds me of our mother and departed grandmother, whose Christian faith was immovable, guiding them while challenging their faith through hard times. Since her conversion, true love for one another has carried us through every small challenge.

I decided to “Take the Hijab Challenge” as a way to identify with my sister in a new way and to come to peace with any lingering tension I still felt with her when in public. Part of taking the challenge included signing an agreement basically stating that I would wear modest clothing and behave toward others with respect. A handout was also given on what the hijab means to Muslim women—that it is a personal decision between a woman and God, a sign of the respect that must be given to a woman wearing one and ultimately the prevention of objectification. The handout also noted that the custom of covering one’s head is practiced in different forms in many cultures. It all made perfect sense to me.
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-8 22:43:06 |Display all floors
Although it must have been clear to them that I was not a student and perhaps not what they had in mind, they giggled and cheered as I chose a scarf—a soft, large-weave cloth in purple—and took a picture of it being adjusted and fitted properly until finally, with the scarf in place, shades on, big smile on my face, the deed was done.
余优素福

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.