Views: 3050|Replies: 2

Scheduled Giant Rocket with net payload 130T is really exciting project [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-3-4 23:41:10 |Display all floors
Scheduled Giant Rocket with net payload 130T is really exciting project

the rocket will be designed and developed for manned moon mission, as a transportor between the Earth and the Moon, its diameter will be double size big of China's already-existing longMarch V space rocket,  the payload will expended up to 5 times of longMarch V , and it will be heavier than US saturn V rocket and former Soviet Energy rocket. the project is scheduled to finish by 2030.

it is believed each one expects that the rocket can come up as early as possible

Is it possible for the project to be finished in early 2020s?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-4 23:44:23 |Display all floors

In addition, according to Xinhua news agency

World's largest rocket production base built in N China

08:19, March 04, 2011

The world's largest design, production and testing base for rockets is being built in north China's Tianjin Municipality, Liang Xiaohong, deputy head of the China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology, told Xinhua Thursday.

The first phase of the rocket industrial base in Tianjin's Binhai New Area will be completed within the year. Rocket parts will be designed, manufactured, assembled and tested at the base, Liang said.

Twenty of the 22 plants have been completed, and some of them are ready for operation. The base is designed to meet China's growing demand in space technology research and development for the next 30 to 50 years, he added.

By integrating the industrial chain, the base will be able to produce a whole spectrum of rockets of different sizes and types for China's moon probe project, space station and other projects, he said.

China's new rockets, including Long March IV, will be designed and manufactured in the 200-hectare base, he said.

Source:Xinhua

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-6 22:27:59 |Display all floors
You know, these projects are exciting, indeed - but unfortunately, they aren't treated seriously enough by politicians until they can actually gain popularity or money through them. So I don't really believe that this rocket will ever start until I see it.

I've seen so many exciting science projects being dropped by Europe, China, Russia, India, Brazil, Japan, the USA... so what is exciting me is what I get, not what is planned.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.