Author: yidouer11

how americans see chinese people? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-4-20 21:38:16 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-20 22:03:08 |Display all floors

Reply #43 jordan_c_fan's post

Time to put away your colored pencils and go to bed!
The Brotherhood of Knights of the Mystic Sea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-4-22 01:53:55 |Display all floors
Im Asian.  Not even Chinese.  I know how American see Chinese people since people mistaken me for Chinese all the time:

This is how they (White ) see Chinese people:

-Chink
-Dirty
-Conniving
-Communist
-Brainwashed
-Intelligent
-Not Trustworthy

Most of these are based on the negative media portrayal and deep sino-phobic culture that started with the Chinese Exclusion Act, eventhough American ideology of racism was founded way before that.

there is really no point in talking to white American about China, because you will hear some stereotypical stuff and nothing you haven't read on racist posting about China and Chinese on youtube.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-7 11:42:05 |Display all floors
Sorry! I am a white american girl! Im almost 15 and i love china! I love everything they do. america does not hate china.... Some people are racist so are some in china but that is verry little times. I love china so much~!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-2-7 13:47:50 |Display all floors
American are a very violent people. The American dream is to kill all the Chinese men and rape all the Chinese women.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-7-30 08:55:35 |Display all floors
Americans have some stereotypes that all Asians are bad drivers and good at math. They might have ideas about Chinese people as communist or doing Kung Fu, it really depends on the education and part of the country. But I think in general they would see you as an individual if they met you.

Poor and some middle class people in all countries are idiots and believe anything they hear. Smart people see others as individuals.

Also, I think white people aren't used to everyone having the same hair color and similar features so it maybe its harder for some to see people as individuals. I'm American but I know everyone is different and I don't judge an entire nation of people on stereotypes or propoganda..

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.