Author: yidouer11

how americans see chinese people? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-1-23 23:45:54 |Display all floors

Americans view China as

I agree with blueskies88 about how Americans view chinese people in that the image is mostly positive though the main concern that I am hearing more about are the economic and military relations between the US and China.  Americans in general are tolerant towards the Chinese culture and people, partly because the inflow of immigrants is not out of control and the fact that there are a lot of well established Chinese Americans who contribute greatly to society as a whole.  There can be a sort of ambivalence towards Chinese people who do not assimilate well with the American culture, though unless someone does something really good or really bad then people will generally ignore you.  A lot of Americans are also sending their children to learn Mandarin as a second language and are taking the opportunity to visit, learn or do business in a more open China.

There are some organizations or people who view China more as a competitor or a threat to their personal property and their attitudes are typically what is being read in the political rhetoric.  Though these feelings are far below the fear and anomisity that Americans felt towards Japan back in the 1980s and 90s, partly because people still remember about the US war with Japan back in WWII.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-24 06:28:25 |Display all floors

Reply #20 sunilsah's post

You are an idiot? Yes
The Brotherhood of Knights of the Mystic Sea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-24 06:29:06 |Display all floors

Reply #22 zbaporeese's post

Hoot!
The Brotherhood of Knights of the Mystic Sea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-25 06:28:10 |Display all floors
history is written by the victor, it always has and always will. If you all want to learn alittle more about american modern history after ww2 please watch "why we fight" a documentary about america's industrial military complex. google it, but its video so i am not sure if any of you will be able to view it in china.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-25 10:03:27 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sunilsah at 2011-1-22 16:24
when they attack iraq for oil they call it liberation ,but when mao ze dong liberated common chinese people from feudalism they call him crimnal ...

It might be possible that Mao was wrong for the Great Leap Forward, which killed 30 million Chinese, and Bush was wrong for invading Iraq, which killed 30 to 700 thousand Iraqis. They both might be wrong.

But there is a difference between Mao and Bush. Bush had limited power and had to leave office after two elections and eight years. (The USA has an executive, legislative, and judicial branch that maintain checks on each other and balance power.) But Mao ruled over China with total power, and only his death freed China from him.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-25 17:15:24 |Display all floors

Bush was a murdering b@stard!

Originally posted by lipang at 2011-1-25 10:03

It might be possible that Mao was wrong for the Great Leap Forward, which killed 30 million Chinese, and Bush was wrong for invading Iraq, which killed 30 to 700 thousand Iraqis. They both migh ...

Bush is a war criminal and should be hanged for his crimes against humanity.

You must be an Anglo who is trying to push lies and propaganda on this forum.
No Virgin Girl in America

American can not live without SEX.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-25 18:40:47 |Display all floors

Actual normal american perception of Chinese people

Hello, I'm an actual american with no travel experience in China or the orient.
I live in the Mojave desert of California and have met many people of many cultures because, afterall, this IS California.  I am over 50 and am the Corporate Controller for a group of thirty two companies in the mining,
concrete and steel industries.  My contact with Chinese people, who are from China as opposed to being
actual americans, is as follows (and please forgive me if I use terms or slang considered derogatory to Chinese people.)  Disclaimer;  my aunt, a teacher, went with President Nixon during his first visit but I've never really talked aobut it with her..
You are dedicated, to the point of no self interest, for the collective whole.
You are studious, taking education seriously, even in youth.
You are thrifty, to the point of miserliness.
You eat weird things, many of them really disgusting and ickky.
You are an ancient culture, yet somehow you remind us of ourselves from the 1950's.
You have really cute kids, and gorgeous women.  Chinese men, however, don't seem too interesting to the women.
You seem tense, most ordinary americans will joke with you immediately, at mutual expense to help you
feel comfortable.  We don't know how to do it any other way.  Ordinary americans like you as ordinary
people.  You can joke back. (if we don't understand your humor, we'll say so with no offense meant either
way)
We distrust your government...We distrust OUR government...and kind of wonder if you share similar feelings.
We are ashamed that our politicians have created the economy that makes us debtors to you and are sensitive to it.  We want trade, but we want honest trade.
We think your products are poorly made and the workers are underpaid, but you supply cheap stuff that we can buy and replace easily.  So we give you paper for your best efforts at copying things others have made.
We think you are underpaid and will be ultimately cheated even more by the companies that have move from here to there.
News of traffic problems and ghost cities (satellite images of empty cities) tell us your government is even more inefficient and wasteful than ours is...and some of us wish it wasn't so.
We think that most of you have forgotten, or have ever learned of, the millions killed in China by Chinese government.
I personally think that this particular post will only be made after being approved by countless Chinese government officials that want to make sure I don't make reference to a number of things that apparently are for
bidden,.
American officials, and those that surround them, are not americans...they are puppets.  If you want to meet real americans, get out of our cities and talk to us.  Ask us things you really want to know.  We are a very open people.  If I ever went to China I would like to do the same...talk to the people that do not live in cities.

[ Last edited by oldphart at 2011-1-25 06:42 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.