Author: voice_cd

What Do You Really Want from Us? [Copy link] 中文

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-1-10 12:36:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ielts2u at 2011-1-10 11:49
I think you are missing the point. China is always portrayed as wrong when politicians can get away with it. Why? It is the same strategy that has been used by Chinese politicians for decades (cent ...
................................................................................

China has never been a threat to America .........

But America has been, and is a real threat to China .............

There is a massive difference ............

It is the Americans who are fed the Orwellian philosophy of external threats .........

And they blindly follow the see-saw governments from one act of destruction to another ..........

It is the Americans whose defence budget is larger than the rest of the world combined .........

It is the Americans who rig their own elections and brainwash their peoples about right and wrong .........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-10 12:53:38 |Display all floors
You believe this, but really, you sound like some in the West, who believe the rapidly increasing Chinese miliary is not just for fun. The many events in China's modern history are also applied to your second statement by these same people. And your last statement could have been lifted straight from anti-Chinese propaganda.

You believe this to be true, but how has America harmed China recently?  How have they stopped your development? How have they toppled your governments? How have they invaded... You see, the reality is much less extreme than your statements.

I am not saying that both China and America (or any other country) are all good, all white, but rather they are shades of grey.

[ Last edited by ielts2u at 2011-1-10 12:56 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-10 14:20:35 |Display all floors
the Westerners just don't want to  lose their racial pride toward other races,they can't stand other races become stronger ,they just treat this as a threaten to them.How narrow-minded!
But only other races become stronger,especially in economy,the whole world will be more prosperous.

[ Last edited by ztchkd at 2011-1-10 02:23 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-1-10 14:39:01 |Display all floors
I think the idea of racial pride by Chinese and Anglos is greatly exagerated (and usually just plain wrong). We are all proud of the achievements of our peoples and their special traits, no matter how pooror unsuccessful our country might be. That does not mean we believe that Chinese are a superior race to anyone else, or that Americans are better than others. There are racists in all our countries that truly believe this, but they are a minority (of poorly-educated or just plain bigoted fools).
I agree with your last statement, though, that the world will become more prosperous (and safer) the more other countries and races become stronger economically.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-1-10 14:58:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ielts2u at 2011-1-10 14:39
I think the idea of racial pride by Chinese and Anglos is greatly exagerated (and usually just plain wrong). We are all proud of the achievements of our peoples and their special traits, no matter  ...

Oh dear ................

I made a mistake a wrote a long reply to your previous post ...........

It is obviously with a mod .........

I will try it again later and if a no show ..........

Then I might do the same with this forum .......

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-1-10 15:13:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Everynowhere at 2011-1-9 21:18
The reason why China is perceived so negatively has been widely discussed in this forum already.
I believe what is getting most people afraid is China's slow social development. While she is developing pretty fast economically, people have to be considered as modern slaves: they can't afford a house, nearly can't afford a house, and all the money flows into a few rich people's pocket.

When the government pumped money into the markets during the economic crisis to escaped a recession, the number of billionaires in China increased from 10 to 128 - but people are paying for it with increasing prices due to the inflation and actually have less money in their pockets.

Agree.
The whole Chinese wealth is growing. It's a positive trend.
But inside of China, After 1990s's reform, the people's wealth is transfered to Government.  In 2000s, The Ordinary people(including white-collar)' wealth gain a limited deal, or turned into debtors while the riches's wealth is soaring.

Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-1-9 09:52
RMB 27,000.00 hundred of million  Land rental in 2010 values 14.3% Urban people and rural people's one whole year's consumption.

Central government dont have a list where the money gone but only know the money was consumed by the local government for the People. No audit, No plan.  and many experts suggested it would be better if there is a budget of such a large amount of money's usages

But land rental is still soaring year by year. Let alone other Urbanization taxes, Urbanization fee and other taxes, such as, in my city, you have to pay every RMB 250 per Square Meters of a new-built house (the price are probably higher in metropolis Beijing and lower in country town. ). You have to pay more or less rate of urban construction fee in trade transaction and other business.

No doubt
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2011-1-7 12:41

the best job in the world is mainland China government employee
"40 college professor fight for one  position at "Chu" level in Shenzhen government."
"4,000"college graduate fight for one elementary position of government."

[ Last edited by 468259058 at 2011-1-11 03:01 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2011-1-10 15:15:13 |Display all floors

Why did "voice_cd" steal my post for a more credit?

Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-1-9 20:01
Good thread!
Originally posted by NE_Tigress at 2011-1-9 20:34
. Those credits are important for your pigs, not for me.  
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2010-12-24 08:59
When we were the Sick Man of Asia, we were called The Yellow Peril.
When we are billed to be the next Superpower, we are called The Threat.
When we closed our doors, you smuggled drugs to open  ...

bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/viewthread.php?tid=688030&fpage=1&highlight=

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.