Views: 5253|Replies: 31

China turns out first solar-powered air conditioner [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-12-8 21:58:51 |Display all floors
GUANGZHOU - China's first solar-powered air conditioner that can also send excess electricity to the power grid began rolling off a Gree Electric Appliances production line Wednesday.

The first 50,000 units will be sold in the American market. After that, the units will also be available for purchase in China, according to company sources.

The air conditioner, independently developed by Gree, mainly uses solar power, using normal electricity only when solar power is inadequate, said Huang Hui, chief engineer of Gree Electric Appliances.

The American government is supporting efforts to send excess solar energy to local power grids, and so the model should be popular in America, said Huang.

As a major producer and consumer of air conditioners, China also boasts great market potential for solar-powered air conditioners, Huang said.

Huang said the second-generation of the model will begin production in January 2011 and that it will be 100-percent solar-powered, adding that it will run without producing any emissions and achieve real environmental friendliness.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-8 22:26:20 |Display all floors
Want one !

Very good ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-8 22:39:06 |Display all floors

always the IF...

whatabout after sale service like somethin is wrong and needs it to be fixed (yawl talkin 'bout hitech here)  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-8 22:49:41 |Display all floors

Can tell you a bit 'bout that, coincidently,

Originally posted by youknowhat at 2010-12-8 22:39
whatabout after sale service like somethin is wrong and needs it to be fixed (yawl talkin 'bout hitech here)  

Had that brand in my last place,

after reporting a problem,
the Administration of the Building had a Service Guy showing up the next Morning.

The actual real Problem was found in the Fusebox though, therefore no information on qualification.

(with the result of my automatic fuses being replaced with Siemens ones
(or some other propper german stuff))
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-8 22:56:56 |Display all floors

you're not helpin here...

Originally posted by LCSULLA at 2010-12-8 06:49

Had that brand in my last place,

after reporting a problem,
the Administration of the Building had a Service Guy showing up the next Morning.

The actual real Problem was found in the Fus ...

for now i'd stik to my central air and considerin not so bad when i have the units on 24/7...no need no hype somethin up  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-8 23:01:36 |Display all floors

Knowwhatyouspeakin'bout

Originally posted by youknowhat at 2010-12-8 22:56

for now i'd stik to my central air and considerin not so bad when i have the units on 24/7...no need no hype somethin up  

No searching for the remote no more with my current Haier built-in Aircon:)
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-8 23:03:09 |Display all floors
Looking forward to our aircon free christmas holidays in good old Europe.....
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.