Views: 24894|Replies: 34

about relation between mother and daughter in the law [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-3-22 00:47:10 |Display all floors
My friend told me there are two great women behind him, one is his mother who brought him up, another one is his wife who supports him to finish MS and Ph.D, also they have a lovely ,clever son. my friend was born in remote countryside, it is not easy for him to work at University, now he has own apartment(126 square meter). So he bring his mother to city and live with him. Now problem is that they often quarrel for his mother. he is very puzzled by this case.

My opinon is that i cannot understand why there is bad relation between mother and daughter in the law, some women will be mother in the law though now they are daughter in the law.

Dear friends, have you met this case before? Do you have a good idea?

thank you so lot!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-22 09:45:15 |Display all floors

Mother in Law

In most countries, most societies and most cultures wives/husbands mothers in law do not get along.
It is one of the things of nature we humans will never understand.
Water is wet.
Air is dry.
Grass is green.
Mothers in law don't usually get along.
Maybe it is that the mother has raised the son or daughter and does not think the wife/husband is good enough.
One of the rules of marraige is never let a mother in law move in. Especially when a child is involved. The mother in law will interfere constantly believeing her way is the best.
It is up to the son or daughter to correct the problem. Firmly and on the side of the spouse. Never side with the mother in law to avoid betraying the wife or husband.
Regardless of culture, race or country it happens everywhere. It is rare that it does not happen. Momma has to find somewhere else.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-22 09:58:15 |Display all floors

if we treat mother in the law as our mother.........

in fact , the question you concered is very popular in our country, perhaps i don't know other countries customs, i'm a daught in law , when my son was born,  she lived with us for a long time, i kept in with her, we spent a long good times. she devoted herself to our housework, i was grateful for her help so that we can pay more attention to our work, every evening, i came back from my hospital , i sitted with her together and talked a lot of funny things, we were felt happy togehter, she treated me as her daughter and i treated her as my mother.
    for a mother ,even if mother in law, who give a lover to you, a lover whom you love deeply, there is no reason to dislike her, we should be possess a thanksgiveing heart, thank her for her giving your all, treat her kindness and grace, if we visulize our heart as a place where sincerity and generosity dwelt , instead of narrow-minded, all will be okey! i think!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-22 13:44:58 |Display all floors

yes,i think you are right.

in my opionon,mother and daught in law can get long well if they commuicate with each other well. especially when they can realize that one day they will become a mother in law and they also are daught in law in the past.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-22 16:34:42 |Display all floors

It's okey

they said what I want to say

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-22 20:54:33 |Display all floors

role reversal...........

The advantages of harmonious relation far outweigh the disadvantages of confrontation. Sometimes, role reversal is necessary!  
   Just imagine how great the family would be if we would only exhibit greater concern for mother in law or daughter in law.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-22 23:15:46 |Display all floors

just be truble for chinese

for the forgrein there no things like that i think.
the free life and the right to persuit for freedom make the relationship that between mother and daughter in law very fine.
the chinese mother think over that the wife should do much for husband,and should do home works,should devote much more to the children.So they don't have much time to enjoy themselves.Once they make happy time for personal they maybe been regarded as a woman with bad manner.They don't dare to do this so far.
wish freedom for very mother and daughter in law.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.