Author: BingSilk

I am proud to be a new member of Communist Party. [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-12-3 08:06:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2010-12-2 12:48

I don't deny that the CPC under Mao did a great thing in uniting China but Mao wasn't the best thing to happen to China. ...

agree

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-5 14:25:47 |Display all floors
I dont think it is an honor. As the biggest party, on in twenty of chinese people are members of CPC. The important things for you to do is to serve your people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-6 13:39:03 |Display all floors

Reply #150 saltandpepper's post

No, I don't believe that China is the world's punching bag regarding economic woes. There is a small element of truth that many countries have lost a large taxation base due to jobs exported to China but there is converse economic benefit for those countries too. The main cause of some countries economic problems is profligate spending using borrowings. Nobody benefits in such a situation.
I don't deny that some countries take too much of an advantage of China in the last few centuries but it certainly can't be blamed for the damage caused by the not so great Mao who caused far more damage and put China even further back socially. Yes, he did some good things too, but his 2 greatest acheivements would be uniting China, and dying!
As for China catching up with the developed countries......why is that a goal when China can plainly see the faults of those countries which are far more developed. China needn't play catch up. China should develope on it's own path and in it's own time. The trouble with playing catch up is that sometimes, you just can't and while China has made tremendous progress in the last 30 years, it's going to take a helluva lot longer than many think for China to even come close to parity and by that time, the China we know today will no longer be. It'll be a vastly different place, maybe with a different political system etc, who knows. Maybe China'll be lead by some leaders who aren't interested in catching up, but in cleaning up....now there's a thought!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-12-6 13:41:47 |Display all floors
I am happy be here to hear your talk,hehe

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.