Views: 3824|Replies: 32

Manny Saw God In Shanghai [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal

Post time 2010-11-14 08:30:11 |Display all floors
don't tell anyone.....God didn't know he wasn't allowed in China
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2010-11-14 08:31:08 |Display all floors
Manny had a busy week

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-14 17:59:44 |Display all floors
Manny is in Shangers?
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2010-11-15 06:32:04 |Display all floors
Maybe it wasn't Manny God saw....  Was Barry in Shanghai

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2010-11-20 01:17:42 |Display all floors
Maybe he thought the Monkey was Manny....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-20 01:34:28 |Display all floors

Hehe

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-20 05:18:22 |Display all floors
Dear Christian reachouts to China,

1. The Chinese culture and civilization are uniquely nonreligious.

In the entire 6000 years recorded human history, many cultures and civilizations thrived and faded away. The Chinese civilization stands out of all other civilizations in that the Chinese civilization has never been dominated by religion. At any time of history, the majority of Chinese people have always been secular.

This unique property is rooted in the culture and the philosophy dominating Chinese culture, especially Confucianism which insists childhood education, but not religious childhood indoctrination. I vividly remember that I asked my Mother, where I came from. My mother smiled and said: "I gave birth to you. I do not know where we as a species come from, but there is a scientific theory called Evolution which says that we are evolved from ancient apes." From a very young age, I am told to respect others religion and way of life.

This unique nonreligious nature of Chinese civilization benefitted China throughout history. As a product of the nonreligious culture and history, we Chinese do not consider religion the single most important thing in life or world. We do not consider the concept of a deity called god essential for human lives.

Then, the question is why so many Christians feel they are threatened and/or persecuted by nonbelievers, foreign ethnicities or foreign cultures? Proceed to 2.

2. My experience in Christian churches shapes my world view.

My observations: a main theme of Christianity seems to claim a form of self-supremacy. That is: Christians are better than other people who do not believe in Christianity. Christians also insist they are persecuted. I find that the Christian churches lack the basic language skill, the openness, and the intellectual strength to understand China or the Chinese civilization.

For example, one of the critiques of China is the "one child policy" leads to Chinese aborting female fetus and abandoning female girls. Corresponding statistics show that the Chinese abortion rate of female fetus and the abandoning rate of female girls are all fractions of that of the United States.

What concerns me is that this Sinophobic view is rooted in ignorance, and it is indoctrinated onto very young children as part of their religious ideology. China is depicted as an evil suppressor. That is their ignorant belief.

But what really happened between Christianity and China in the last 100 years? Proceed to 3.

3. The recent Christian crimes in China.

Many consider the Opium War an economic conflict. What is missing in many records is that during the Opium War, European powers forced Christianity onto China. Christian churches were forcefully built throughout China, including the one still standing in downtown Beijing today, the Wangfujing Catholic Cathedral.

Between 1820 and 1920, an estimated 500,000 to 1 million Chinese have perished as the result of Christian invasion, wars and colonization of China.

The district of the prestigious TsingHua University was the location of 3 former Qing Dynasty gardens, with the most famous - the Garden of Eternal Brightness. The region around 2000 acres, are filled with endless luxurious palaces, libraries, treasures and gardens. The entire region was repeatedly looted, completely destroyed and brunt to ground by European Christian troops. At the collapse of the Ching dynasty, only what is known today as the Summer Palace was rebuilt and can be seen today in Beijing.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.