Author: Desaview2

The Rise of the Tao [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-11-10 00:05:07 |Display all floors
Taoism is the most intelligent philosophy in the world. :)

I will go back to this thread again.   Too late for me now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-10 00:13:41 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-10 07:41:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Desaview2 at 2010-11-10 00:13

yes...........I think the Dao De Jin is the most intelligent book ever written..........................the author (s)  IQ must be 300................................................. ...

I agree that the authoer's IQ was high, but Daode Jing was not the most intelligent book ever written, but Yi Jing (Change of Book). All the Chinese classsic philosophical schools including Confucianism and Taoism are based on Yi Jing, which is widely recognised as the fundamental  book of all Chinese phylosophical theories.  Several months ago, I bought it, but it's very hard to understand it.

Taoism is practised by most intelligent people,  while Confucianism is for the average people.  

Come back again soon.

[ Last edited by ilearnabc at 2010-11-10 07:47 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-10 08:43:58 |Display all floors
Hi ilearnabc; I haven't seen you much lately on the board.

I don't know much about Taoism. Don't Taoists practice nonduality, observing the world without discriminating "it is this or it is that"?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-10 16:29:28 |Display all floors
This is the earliest Chinese beliefs, even before Tao.
Shangdi (上帝, pinyin: Shàngdì, Wade-Giles Shang Ti) is the Supreme God in the original religious system of the Han Chinese people , a term used from the second millennium BC to the present day, as pronounced according to the modern Mandarin dialect. Literally the term means "Above Emperor" or "Above Sovereign", which is taken to mean "Lord On High", "Highest Lord", "the God above", "the Supreme God", "Above ", or "Celestial Lord". Another title of Shangdi is simply Di (帝). Shangdi is chiefly associated with Heaven. From the earliest times of Chinese history, and especially from the Zhou Dynasty (周朝, 1122 BC to 256 BC) onwards, another name, Tian (天), is also used to refer to the Supreme God of the Chinese people . Tian is a word with multiple meanings in the ancient Chinese language; it can either mean the physical sky or the presiding God of Heaven. When Tian is used in the latter sense, it has the same meaning as Shangdi. By the time of the Han dynasty, the influential Confucian scholar Zheng Xuan declared that "Shangdi is another name for Tian." Shangdi is never represented with images or idols in Chinese tradition.
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-10 16:36:08 |Display all floors
The Temple of Heaven, where Shangdi is worshipped.
From the earliest eras of Chinese history, Shangdi was officially worshipped through sacrificial rituals. Shangdi is believed to rule over natural and ancestral spirits, who act as His ministers. Shangdi is thought to be the Supreme Guide of both the natural order and the human order. The ruler of China in every Chinese dynasty would perform annual sacrificial rituals to Shangdi at the great Temple of Heaven in the imperial capital. During the ritual a completely healthy bull would be slaughtered and presented as an animal sacrifice to Shangdi. It is important to note that Shangdi is never represented with either images or idols. Instead, in the center building of the Temple of Heaven, in a structure called the "Imperial Vault of Heaven", a "spirit tablet" (神位, or shénwèi) inscribed with the name of God is stored on the throne. That name is "Supreme Sovereign God of Heaven" (皇天上帝, Huangtian Shangdi). During an annual sacrifice, the emperor would carry these tablets to the north part of the Temple of Heaven, a place called the "Prayer Hall For Good Harvests", and place them on that throne.[4]
temple_of_heaven_beijing_china_photo_gov.jpg
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-10 16:41:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Desaview2 at 2010-11-8 14:48
The Rise of the Tao

nytimes.com/2010/11/07/magazine/07religion-t.html?pagewanted=1&ref=general&src=me

rise of the Tao.........good thing? bad thing?

how to make it successful?

With moral values declining, it is better to believe in a religion, be it Tao or Buddism.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.