Author: NE_Tigress

Blaming China is of paranoia: Time Magazine [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-11-5 07:21:35 |Display all floors

argument born of fear and fueled by paranoia...

unemployment and under-employment (poverty) always existed in the world--just not in the U.S.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-5 07:42:32 |Display all floors
U.S. hegemony and Chinese subjugation paradigm is shifting and innate human naturally reaction to " change and adjustment " leads to fear and paranoia.  Why China?  The nail that sticks out gets hammered-especially if that nail is yellow...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-5 08:17:20 |Display all floors
I've seen other sources in the US say the same thing as this article. It's very risky to make abrupt changes in the word economy because the nations are now so interdependent. Because there are so many variables it's difficult to say for sure what will happen. If China abruptly made a major adjustment to their exchange rate with the US it might cause economic turmoil in the world and inflation in the US. Since the economy now is improving it's better not to throw-a-wrench-in-the-works (do something that will make things worse). Any adjustments made should be slow over a long period of time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-10 03:17:31 |Display all floors
it is called global capitalism based on a consumer base economy, make stuff to , some one makes it cheaper you lose your job, you have no money to buy stuff, some one has to lose their job, some one wants a big wage therefor  you cannot  have it, food, home ,clothes, essentials. TV. Video. i pod  car. non essentials but some just want more and more non essentials. so others must remain poor over worked underpaid or unemployed, tough ---- if your country is  too expensive, or you could just change you life style. but how many western people could give up the way they  live now. cut every thing in us by half wages and bills rates and taxes, but then some rich few would lose too much, so you are buggered then  aren't  you. cos the rich are in power

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-10 03:23:05 |Display all floors
why blame the man next door if your price is too high and no one wants your work. US as a country got greedy, china may get that way, but Africa or India might get their  act together the we will still be in the ----,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-10 08:59:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-11-3 19:40
I could show you pictures of what the loss of manufacturing jobs have done to our cities and the people there but it's just too sad.

Ah, but your weapons factories are humming away like there is no tomorrow. Best place to look for a job in the USA.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-11-10 09:15:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nebula1 at 2010-11-10 08:59

Ah, but your weapons factories are humming away like there is no tomorrow. Best place to look for a job in the USA.

Lol - i wouldn't doubt if much of that isn't made in china as well.  Never in my lfe have I ever met anyone working in a weapons factory nor even knew where any are.  I live in what they call the 'rust belt'.  We were big on manufacturing you wouldn't believe the sights of boarded up buildings.   It's really depressing to be honest.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.