Author: snappysammy

So Many Jealous People [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-10-24 06:22:31 |Display all floors
'Truth' is subjective when we are talking about emotions.  My truth can be that I have a decent life and family.  I am happy in my community and I feel grateful for all the opportunities I have and the society I live in.  Who are you to say that isn't the 'greatest' ?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2010-10-24 06:30:08 |Display all floors
THE TRUTH IS I"M PROUD YO BE AN AMERICAN.......
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2010-10-24 06:33:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-10-23 15:40
Me not want.......

Well....Your country is one of Americas strongest allies...

AND I know you're proud to be German....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-24 06:44:26 |Display all floors
and Prussian

and Knochenkopf
The Brotherhood of Knights of the Mystic Sea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-24 06:58:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-10-23 15:22
'Truth' is subjective when we are talking about emotions.  My truth can be that I have a decent life and family.  I am happy in my community and I feel grateful for all the opportunities I have and ...

If your "truth" is driven by emotions, I wouldn't call it truth. I would call it what you want the truth to be.

Your truth will probably work pretty well within your community and within your culture. But what happens when you interact with people from other cultures and other nations. You can't cope with them and your truth breaks down.

That is why impartiality is important. With impartiality you can find a truth that is fair to everyone rather than a self centered truth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-24 07:00:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kyosan at 2010-10-24 06:58

If your "truth" is driven by emotions, I wouldn't call it truth. I would call it what you want the truth to be.

Your truth will probably work pretty well within your community and wi ...

What are you talking about?  I believe everyone should have pride in their country.  Why would I have problems with that?  I would expect when I interact with people that they would tell me their country is the greatest.It's not a contest, it's about how you feel about your home.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-10-24 07:14:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-10-23 16:00
What are you talking about? ...

If you don't understand what I said please read it again. What I am talking about is the ability to see from other's perspective. When you see from your own perspective all the time it can sometimes cause conflicts and needless tension.

[ Last edited by kyosan at 2010-10-23 04:36 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.