Author: 468259058

Would You Help an Injured Stranger? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-28 17:28:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nebula1 at 2010-7-28 17:24

How is "need" defined?

What I mean is for example: You drive with your car, see an accident with people still inside the car needing help. If you don`t stop and just leave you commit a crime. Same for situations when people are injured, unconscious on the ground......standing arround, not helping and maybe even taking pictures while the person maybe dies is a crime.
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-28 17:33:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-7-28 17:28

What I mean is for example: You drive with your car, see an accident with people still inside the car needing help. If you don`t stop and just leave you commit a crime. Same for situations wh ...

Yes those are the laws of the so-called "demobcrazy", where the individual counts and not the mass.

I am lovin' it (democracy).

[ Last edited by Petitioner at 2010-7-28 05:34 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-28 17:46:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 468259058 at 2010-7-28 11:29
Especially injured old people, probably i wouldn't. or i would send a emergency call to police or hospital.

ys,why not? any damages to me?

helping ppls who are in need is a virtue of our society.but if you send a emergency call that is help too.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-28 17:48:15 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-7-28 17:28

What I mean is for example: You drive with your car, see an accident with people still inside the car needing help. If you don`t stop and just leave you commit a crime. Same for situations wh ...

like you described if that person just driving car a way and who would know he/she had passed by? who would charge his break the laws?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-28 17:51:16 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greatlady at 2010-7-28 17:48

like you described if that person just driving car a way and who would know he/she had passed by? who would charge his break the laws?

If the guy is "lucky", maybe. But there are nearly always witnesses.....cars coming from the other direction seeing the fleeing car and its plates and so on. The risk of being caught is still there. And if they get you...and the person you didn`t help died......then you are in deep sh1t.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-28 17:55:22 |Display all floors

Reply #8 Alex2010's post

What if I don't know first aid or CPR? Sometimes moving an injured person can cause more damage!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-28 17:57:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nebula1 at 2010-7-28 17:55
What if I don't know first aid or CPR? Sometimes moving an injured person can cause more damage!

Indeed, but running away and do nothing would be a crime, call an ambulance and try to find other people who actually know first aid.

By the way.....in Germany you have to take a first aid course before you are allowed to get a driving licence. Which means most people, at least those with a driving licence should know first aid. I know for example.....had one for the driving licence and one in the army.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.