Author: longzhou

SPAIN 2010 FOOTBALL WORLD CHAMPIONS [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-7-12 18:38:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by longzhou at 2010-7-12 18:32
Why LCSULLA and Alex2010 are so quiet about the World Cup final won by Spain?

1) Because they are still crying on the pillow?

2) Because they can't understand that the Orange squad famous for ...

Well, because there are other things on top of my list of things I need to do today than commenting on that. But congratulations. I already predicted that Spain will win some days ago although I wished it was Holland. The final was lame....so lame I have to admit I went to bed after 80 mins

And mark my words: Spain has a golden generation at the moment...just as France had '98 and 2000..... and they will end up the same. Poor Dutch, so many times in a final and never made it. Enjoy it.

But more remarkable is that Paul was right with all his predictions.....just think about how the chances were for that!!!
Patria est ubicunque bene/Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-12 18:41:16 |Display all floors
I have learned from some people, that Spanish will from now on refrain to eat octopus.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-12 18:43:51 |Display all floors

#8 How about this I noticed of friend Paul?

Every time the animal made a pick it was towards the box on the right hand side of the camera.

Coincidence or was somebody manipulating the poor beast?

You are lucky....80 minutes! I fell asleep half way thru the second half only to be waken up by wife like this.....

"Honey, this is about to go to penalty shots in.........." only to see with half eye open Iniesta shot the ball in the net!

So i skipped all the karate combat and got an eye of the best part!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-12 18:46:44 |Display all floors

Wrong assumption Rudi!

Originally posted by faqfaq at 2010-7-12 18:41
I have learned from some people, that Spanish will from now on refrain to eat octopus.

we Spaniards, as some african tribes, believe that if we eat the heart of our enemies we will become stronger and undestructable! So from now on, expect pulpo (octopus) to be our national dish!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-13 07:39:59 |Display all floors

South Africa World Cup a very sound investment for the sponsors!

Sources of the car manufacturer Chevrolet have explained that having the rights over the images of the Spanish players in South Africa, “is what is helping the most” and added that already during the previous stages of the World Cup the advertisement ROI (return over investment) of Chevrolet Spain “already doubled the initial investment”.
Other sponsors, Banesto (bank), launched the special “seleccion” deposit that initially was paying a 3% interest and that after winning the world cup has gone up to a 4%, that will cost the bank 10 million Euros. Sources of the bank said that “although this we were wishing for Spain to win the World Cup”.
Many other companies that have operations in Spain have also been “blessed” by the fact of Spain winning the World Cup. For example, Adidas, that equips the national team, has seen how the sale of Spanish shirts has rocketed and some sources say that they have already sold over 1 million shirts worldwide.
Soft drinks and Pizzas
South Africa has not only raised the fans’ spirit but has shooted up to a 60% the sales in the hotel and restaurant sectors with beer sales up a 15%, soft drinks 20% and pizzas 42%.  Those bars and restaurants well equipped and that have displayed large screens Suráfrica no solo ha levantado los ánimos de la afición, sino que también ha disparado hasta un 60% las ventas en hostelería, y el consumo de cervezas (15%), refrescos (20%) y pizzas (42%). El secretario general de la Federación Española de Hostelería, Emilio Gallego, ha señalado que la retransmisión de los partidos de la selección ha favorecido, and audio equipments have seen their business increase in between a 20 and a 30% when Spain was playing, this increased junped to almost a 60% during the World Cup final between Holland and Spain.
In the case of Coca-Cola, sales of their main products in bars and restaurants have gone up to a 20% in each match the Spanish team has played.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-13 09:08:13 |Display all floors
Originally posted by longzhou at 2010-7-12 18:32
Why LCSULLA and Alex2010 are so quiet about the World Cup final won by Spain?
1) Because they are still crying on the pillow?
2) Because they can't understand that the Orange squad famous for ...

Spain has to thank the Dutch influence for winning the World Cup.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-13 09:11:10 |Display all floors

Reply #12 longzhou's post

A little sad to think that economic recovery must be fueled by consumption. We are using up natural non-renewable resources and leaving little for future generations. Should go back to cottage industries, eating local, that sort of thing.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.