Author: longzhou

Google backpedals to "stay alive"...... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-6-29 21:07:11 |Display all floors

#7 Rudi....you want we post.....

your pbase page once again for everyone to look at you, your wife and your son in New York City?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-29 21:09:11 |Display all floors

Funny though.........

how all those auto named "freedom fighters" are not coming here to slap google now this company has decided that "a buck is a buck,  so we don't give a f***"!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-6-30 14:31:36 |Display all floors
It's hilarious some people in China think this is a victory... what kind of strange mentality goes on here...

Hurray! Now Baidu can bring in MORE advertising based results and pretend to be actually giving people a good choice! They let companies who were ing fake Airplane tickets become the top results in their search, they care about nothing except making an extra kuai from their users and people cheer them...

Let China keep Baidu, I'll stick with Google where the results are actual.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-1 08:28:41 |Display all floors

China should ask Google to re-apply, with new very strict conditions

Ask google to re-apply and re-negotiate, and let Google be deprived of the google.cn license for 12 months....

google gives you more trash than gems.  no big deal.

I always baidu when I search in Chinese.

I am trying to get use to BING now....

Join me to boycott google

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-1 14:43:29 |Display all floors
As I wrote in an earlier thread, not being able to use Google is a liability in todays world, nothing China can be proud of. It's an indispensable tool, much more than a mere search engine, whatever you think about its global market dominance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-1 14:49:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by in_ningbo at 2010-7-1 14:43
As I wrote in an earlier thread, not being able to use Google is a liability in todays world, nothing China can be proud of. It's an indispensable tool, much more than a mere search engine, whateve ...

Liability and indispensable is a big word to call not using a certain commercial service from a supposed private company when there are plenty of other similar services out there in the market.

To call it "indispensable" is more the issue of the addictive nature of people, and fear for trying out alternatives from the established. For one, ever since beginning this year, I stopped using all Google services including changing email domain, and I lead the same happy life as I had always done. Not indispensable in my books, just a little bit inconveniences caused for a few days with my new email.

[ Last edited by IchiNiSan at 2010-7-1 02:53 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-7-1 14:50:26 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matthew5_3 at 2010-7-1 08:28
Join me to boycott google

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.