Views: 6445|Replies: 3

Some Attractions in Guangzhou [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 4

Post time 2010-6-5 10:20:55 |Display all floors
15. 六榕寺------------------  
15. The Six-Banyan-Tree Temple  
六榕寺是广州市一座历史悠久、举世闻名的名胜古刹。寺中宝塔巍峨,树木葱茏,文物荟萃。六榕寺以"六榕花塔"为特色标志,1997年被评为广州市十大旅游景点。早在南朝宋代(420一479年),六榕寺原址已建有佛殿,名为广州宝庄严寺。梁大同三年(537年),内道场沙门昙裕法师奉命出使,求得舍利返至广州,因病淹留宝庄严寺,修书表示“愿居此刹”,得到诏许并筑舍利塔,塔下珍藏自海外求得佛舍利。唐永 (650年),舍利塔示现瑞象。宝庄严寺上座宝轮和尚借助各级地方官之力重修寺塔。上元二年(675年)十一月,著名诗人王勃途经广州,此时宝庄严寺舍利塔已经修葺一新,僧俗都钦仰王勃大名,对他讲述本寺 略史及此次修塔因缘,请他撰写重修碑记《广州宝庄严寺舍利塔碑》
The Six-Banyan-Tree Temple is a world-famous ancient monastery with a long history in Guangzhou. The lofty pagoda stands so imposing and majestic in the temple, where the luxuriant trees present a verdant scene and a galaxy of cultural relics is highly treasured up. The Six-Banyan-Tree Temple is typically featured by “Six-Banyan-Tree Pagoda” and it was rated as one of Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Guangzhou in 1997. As early as in the Song Period of the Southern Dynasties (420一479), a Buddha's shrine was built in the site of the Six-Banyan-Tree Temple, named as “The Temple of Horrors” in Guangzhou. In the third year of Liang Datong Reign (537) Master Shamen Tanyu of the imperial Bodhimanda fulfilled a mission under the imperial order and returned to Guangzhou after he obtained the Buddhist relics but he had to stay in the Temple of Horrors due to illness for which he wrote a letter to the effect of “I am willing to stay in the temple”. Later he was given the emperor's edict to build the Temple Sarira-stupa to treasure up and collect the Buddhist relics he obtained from every part of the world. In the Tangyong period (650), the Temple Sarira-stupa showed the auspicious signs. Monk Baolun at the helm of the Temple of Horrors had recourse to the financial aids from the local magistrates to rebuild the pagoda and the temple. In November of the second year in Shangyuan Period (675, Wang Bo, a famous poet travelled by Guangzhou when the Temple Sarira-stupa in the Temple of Horrors took on a new look after renovation, so all monks and lay people admired the great poet Wang Bo and persuaded him to offer an inscription entitled as “The inscriptional record of the Temple Sarira-stupa in the Temple of Horrors” after they narrated him the history and the reasons for this renovation.

16. 华林禅寺
16. Hualin Temple
顺治初,临济宗32世宗师古镜宗符,从福建漳州游方到广州,参谒西来庵时,为庵主大慈素端(1602-1664)极力挽留,要他担负起重光祖庭的重任,加上当地名士豪绅程可则、王念初、梁佩兰、陈恭尹诸公呈词恳请,乃应允主持重建工作,发动海内外信众踊跃捐资,把古庵改建成一座禅宗大寺院;据元觉撰《华林禅寺开山碑记》,当年,宗符禅师“爰拓基址,定方隅,引河流为功德水,植材木为祗树园,首建大雄宝殿,次及楼阁堂庑寮室庖逼,无不圆成。”顺治十二年(1655),
In the early years of the reign of Qing Emperor Shunzhi, the 32nd Great Mater Gujing Zhongfu of the Rinzai School traveled to Guangzhou from Zhangzhou in Fujian. When he paid homage to Shi Lai Buddhist Nunnery, the master of the nunnery, Daci Suduan(1602-1664)tried to persuade him to stay in the nunnery in hopes that he could bear the burden of rejuvenating the nunnery coupled with the joint written request from famous local landlords and merchants, such as, Cheng Keze, Wang Nianchu, Liang Peilan and Chen Gongyin, so he stayed and was entrusted to renovate the Temple by appealing for financial aid from the Buddhist followers at home and abroad so as to rebuild the ancient nunnery into a large monastery of the Zen Buddhism. As recorded in “The inscriptional record of Hualin Zen Buddhist Temple” by Zen Master Zongfu, Great Mater Gujing Zhongfu was thus described like this, “Efforts are made to lay the solid foundation and determine the direction of the temple, channel the river water into the temple as the water of eight meritorious deeds or virtues, plant trees and flowers to fence the temple. The Hall of Sakyamuni was first built, followed by other buildings and pavilions, all of which were built to the maximal brilliance and elegance”-- in the 12th year of Emperor Shunzhi’s reign (1655).  

顺治帝赐榜曰“华林禅寺”;其弟子离幻之海即元觉禅师,继领丈席后,再接再厉营 建十年,一座规模宏大的十方丛林于西关拔地而起,其范围大概是北起今兴华大街,南 靠下九路,东至西胜街,西邻毓桂坊,占地面积三万多平方米;此后,寺内僧侣云集, 从海内外来参学者络绎不绝,四方香客如潮涌来,香火十分旺盛。
Emperor Shunzhi inscribed a plaque which read “Hualin Buddhist Temple”. His disciple “Lihuan Zhihai”, namely, Master Yuanjue succeeded to the post of the abbot and made greater efforts for more renovations within a decade, so a large and majestic Buddhist residential cluster rose high from the ground in Xiguan, covering a total land area of more than 30 thousand square meters, starting from today’s Xinghua Street on the north, adjacent to Xiajiu Road on the south, extending to Xisheng Road on the east and bordering on Yu Kwai Fong on the west. Since then, more monks came to the temple and a lot of Buddhism learners came to the temple in great numbers and numerous pilgrims from every part of the world burned incense at the temple in an endless stream, so the ancestral celebrations were and are so vigorous.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2010-6-5 10:22:06 |Display all floors
18人民公园--------------
18. People's Park  
人民公园位于广州市传统中轴线上,面积4.46万平方米,是广州最早建立的综合性公园。被誉为“广州市第一公园”,又称中央公园。园址从隋朝起均为衙门官邸。元代为广东道肃政廉访使署,明朝为都指挥司署,并曾为南明绍武政权王宫,清代先后为平南王府和广东巡抚署。民国初期广州还没有公园,1917年,孙中山倡议辟为公园,1918年建成,命名为“市立第一公园”。当年孙中山曾多次在此向群众演讲,宣扬民主革命理论。1966年改为人民公园沿用 至今。作为首个拆除围墙的免费公园,人民公园自然成为附近市民的悠闲运动之地。在 住宅密集的广州市中心,能拥有如此的“绿肺”,实属难得。公园采取意大利图案式庭园布局,呈方形对称形式。园内古树参天,绿篱花丛,富有浓郁的地方特色。

People's Park, situated on the traditional central axis in Guangzhou, covering a land area up to 44,600 square meters, is the earliest comprehensive park in Guangzhou, highly reputed as “No. 1 Park in Guangzhou” or also called “the Central Park”. The park area was actually the residence of the imperial officials from the Sui dynasty. It was the domicile of the Guangdong Surveillance Commission in the Yuan Dynasty, the Chief Military Commission in the Ming Dynasty. It was even used as the imperial palace of Emperor Shaowu’s reign in the Southern Ming Dynasty. In the Qing Dynasty it was the Mansion of Pingnan King and the imperial inspector residence in Guangdong. In early days of the Republic of China, Guangdong had no park, so in 1917 Dr. Sun Yat-sen advocated to change it into a park and named it as “No.1 Municipal Park“ in 1918 where Dr. Sun Yat-sen made speeches to the general public many times to disseminate the democratic revolution theory. In 1966 it was renamed as “People’s Park” and it has been used to this day. People’s Park, whose enclosing walls were first pulled down in Guangzhou, is naturally the good place for leisure and relaxation on the part of the residents living nearby. The park offering the general public with “a green lung” is very valuable as it is situated in the downtown area of Guangzhou City where residential buildings are highly concentrated. The park enjoys the artistic layout with the designs and patterns of the Italian Garden, having the square and symmetric shape. In the park ancient trees tower to the skies and everywhere you can see the green hedges and flowers in clusters, filling the air with fragrance.

20白云山-------------------
20. White Cloud Mountain
人们常用"白云珠海"来特指广州,这"白云"指的就是白云山。白云山风景区在广州市北部,距市区约17公里,是九连山脉的南延部分,素有"南越第一山"之称。据说每到秋季,常有白云冉冉升起,使山上一个侧面变成白云漫漫的一片,犹如面纱笼罩,因而得名。白云山由30多座山峰簇集而成,全山面积28平方公里,最高峰摩星岭海拔382米,是广州市最高峰,又称“天南第一峰”。白云山也是羊城新八景之一。   
People always describe the natural beauty of Guangzhou as being composed of white cloud and pearl sea, the white cloud referring to that of White Cloud Mountain, located about 17 kilometers north of Guangzhou, which is the southern part of the nine linking ridges, generally reputed as “No. 1 Mountain in South Guangdong”. It is said that each autumn sees the white cloud rising up slowly, painting half of the mountain with a coast of white cloud as if it were wrapped in a veil of mist, so it is thus named. The total area of White Cloud Mountain is about 28 square kilometers, consisting of 30 peaks. Moxing Ridge (Star-Scraping Ridge), known as 'the first peak under the southern sky', stands about 382 meters high. It is one of the eight new attractions in Guangzhou.

自古以来,白云山一直是广州有名的风景胜地,历史上羊城八景中的"菊湖云影"、"白云晚望"、"蒲间濂泉"、"景泰僧归"都在白云山里。金液池位于白云山麓湖风景区,是一座风光如画的湖泊,湖光潋滟,波平似镜。湖光山色交映生辉,如诗似画,别有情趣,是白云山中的佳境。    
From ancient times White Cloud Mountain has been a famous scenic spot in Guangzhou and such famous scenes as “Cloud Silhouetted against the Chrysanthemum Lake”, “Night View of White Cloud’, “Gurgling Brooks and Springs in mountains” and “Returning Monks of Jingtai Temple” can be found in the mountain area. Jinye Pool located in White Cloud Mountain Luhu Scenic Spot, is a picturesque lake just like a mirror with lake water rippling and sparkling against the sunray. The lake water, green hills and all kinds of flowers contrast finely with each other just like a scroll of poetic and romantic painting, exhibiting its unusual appearance and attraction, so it epitomizes the beauty of White Cloud Mountain.

白云山很早就名声在外。战国时已有名士出入,晋朝时已风景宜人,唐朝便以胜地 著称。宋代以来的"羊城八景",白云山就占多处。羊城人们一向喜欢到此登高游览,尤 其在九九重阳,更以登白云山为乐事,每逢此时,扶老携幼,人流熙熙攘攘的热闹场景 便构成羊城一幅独特的风情画。
White Cloud Mountain enjoyed a high reputation in the world long ago. In the Warring States Period, many celebrated scholars toured it and it looked its best in the Jin dynasty. In the Tang Dynasty it was crowned with “a scenic spot”. Among the top 8 scenic spots in Guangzhou since the Song Dynasty, White Could Mountain takes the lion’s shares. People in Guangzhou tend to ascend to the tops of mountains for a panoramic view, particularly on the 9th day of the 9th lunar month, people take pleasure in ascending to the top of White Cloud Mountain, so by then people help the aged along and lead the young by the hand all the way up to the top, which is really a bustling scene, or a peculiar graffiti demonstrating the beauty of Guangzhou.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2010-6-5 10:22:29 |Display all floors
21. 越秀公园
越秀山以西汉时南越王赵佗曾在山上建“朝汉台”而得名。建过观音阁,又名观音山。著名古迹镇海楼,又名五层楼,楼分五层,高28米,登楼远眺,羊城美景尽收眼底。园内还有古之楚庭和佛山牌坊,古城墙、四方炮台、中山纪念碑、孙中山读书治事处碑、伍廷芳墓、明绍武君臣冢、海员亭、五羊石像、五羊传说雕塑像群、球形水塔、电视塔等。元代以来被称为羊城八景之一,元代为粤台秋月,明代为粤秀松涛,清代为粤秀连峰、镇海层楼,现代有越秀远眺、越秀层楼、越秀新晖作为广州最大的综合性公园,越秀公园最早由孙中山先生提议创建,解放后扩建后,又曾经多次接待过毛主席、周总理等党和国家领导人前来视察观光和游泳。目前,这里不仅有国家一级保护植物桫椤,还因为卓有成效的招鸟计划,引来了南美洲的候鸟前来落户。目前,该公园更因为良好的环境,被评为国家4A级旅游景区,成为继白云山、黄花岗公园和中山纪念堂之后,广州第4家获得此项殊荣的公园。

21. Yuexiu Park
Mount Yuexiu is named after “Chao Han Tower” built at the mountain by Zhao Tuo, Nanyue King of the Western Han Dynasty. Guanyin Pavilion was once built on the mountain so it was also called Mount Guanyin. The famous ancient Zhenhai Tower (Five-Story Pagoda), consisting five stories, stands 28 meters high, where you can have a panoramic view of Guangzhou City. The park have many famous buildings, such as, the Ancient Chu Courtyard, Foshan Memorial Archway, Ancient City Wall, Square Gun-desk, Sun Yat-sen Monument, Monument at Sun Yat-sen’s Reading and Operation site, the Statue of Wu Tingfang, the Graveyard of Shaowu Emperor and His Subjects, Sailors’ Pavilion, the Stone Statue of the Five Rams, a Group Statue of the Five Rams Legend, a ball-shaped water tower, a TV tower and so on. It has been reputed as one of the top 8 scenic spots in Guangzhou since Yuan Dynasty, yet it was called Autumn Moon over Yuetai in the Yuan Dynasty, the beautiful pine forest in the Ming Dynasty, the graceful rolling peaks, Zhenhai Storeyed Building in the Qing Dynasty respectively while it is called Yuexiu Distant View, Yuexiu Storeyed Building and the Sunshine on Yuexiu Mountain in modern times. As the largest comprehensive park of Guangzhou, it is Dr. Sun Yat-sen who first proposed to build the park, after liberation it was renovated and was well poised for the inspection and sightseeing of high-ranking state officials, including Chairman Mao and Premier Zhou etc. At present, it has spinulose tree fern, a national first-grade protection species and also attracts South American migratory birds to nestle down due to its effective bird invitation and retention plan. Now Yuexiu Park has been rated as a National 4A Grade Tourist Attraction for its favorable environment and it is the fourth winner subsequent to White Cloud Mountain, Huanghua Gang Commemoration Park and Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2010-6-5 10:22:54 |Display all floors
28. 莲香楼上莲蓉月   
坐落于中国广州市荔湾区第十甫路67号的莲香楼,是集酒楼、食品工厂、贸易部、食品连锁店于一体的中国商业名牌企业。先后荣获“国家特级酒家”、 “中华老字号”的称号。    莲香楼创办于1889年,前身是一间“糕酥馆”。清光绪年间由肇庆人创建;光绪中叶,“糕酥馆”改为“连香楼”,并集股414份,扩大经营,在香港九龙开设了三家分店;宣统二年(1910年)“连香楼”改名为“莲香楼”。为什么称为“莲香楼”呢?因清朝当时的大学士陈如岳有感于该楼首创的纯正莲蓉的清香风味,遂挥手题写了“莲香楼”三个苍劲雄浑的大字,楼名便一直沿用至今。当年莲香楼扩大经营后,经营的是中式点心饼食,尤以莲蓉月饼最为闻名。品种有纯正莲蓉月、榄仁莲蓉月和蛋黄、双黄、三黄、四黄莲蓉月等。饼馅的用料十分讲究,要选用当年产的湘莲,制出的馅料色泽金黄,幼滑清香,月饼形状丰美、鲜腴。莲香楼厅堂,其布局以“莲”为主题雕梁画栋,古朴典雅,尽显岭南风韵;硕大的莲 花灯晶莹剔透;厢房屏窗,华丽高贵,文人雅士,至为欣赏。该楼始创的“莲蓉”食品更是 广州,乃至全省、全国“第一家”。

28. Lin Heung Tea House
Lin Heung Tea House, located at No.67, Dishipu Road, Liwan District, Guangzhou, is a famous brand enterprise in China, highly integrating restaurants, food processing, trade department and food chain store. Besides, it has been awarded with such titles as “National Special Grade Restaurant” and “China's time-honored Brand”. Lin Heung Tea House was set up in 1889 and its predecessor was “Crisp Cake Restaurant”. It was built by a businessman from Zhaoqing in the period of Guangxu's reign in the Qing Dynasty; In the middle of Guangxu's reign, “Crisp Cake Restaurant” was changed into “Lianxiang Building” and raised and collected capital of 414 shares to expand its business operation and set up three more branch restaurants in Kowloon; In the 2nd year of Xuantong Reign(1910)“Lianxiang Building” was changed into “Lin Heung Tea House”. Why was it so called? Because Chen Ruyue, the then Grand Secretary in the Qing Dynasty was deeply impressed by the fragrant flavor of the pure lotus-nut paste prepared by this restaurant and immediately inscribed the vigorous and forceful Chinese characters “莲香楼” (“Lin Heung Tea House”), thus the restaurant uses this name up to today. After “Lin Heung Tea House” expanded its business scope, it mainly prepared and served the Chinese style pastry and biscuits, particularly famous for its lotus-seed-paste moon-cake, mainly including the pure lotus-seed-paste moon-cake, Fried diced lotus-seed-paste moon-cake, egg yolk lotus-seed-paste moon-cake, Double yolk lotus-seed-paste moon-cake, tri-yolk lotus-seed-paste moon-cake and 4-yolk lotus-seed-paste moon-cake, etc. The ingredients for the moon-cake are delicately selected and prepared with the current year Hunan lotus and the stuffing thus prepared is bright yellow in color and smoothly tender and fragrant, so the mooncake takes the fresh and excellent shape.
莲香楼厅堂,其布局以“莲”为主题雕梁画栋,古朴典雅,尽显岭南风韵;硕大的莲花灯晶莹剔透;厢房屏窗,华丽高贵,文人雅士,至为欣赏。该楼始创的“莲蓉”食品更是 广州,乃至全省、全国“第一家”。
The dining hall of Lin Heung Tea House is decorated with “Lotus” as its theme with the carved joists and elegantly painted beams, so simplistic and elegant, fully exhibiting the Lingnan charm and flavor; the huge lotus lamps are glittering and translucent; Chambers and window screens are decorated so elegantly, and men of letters and refined scholars like to dine here. The “lotus-seed-paste” products prepared by this restaurant are highly reputed as “No. 1 Restaurant” in Guangzhou, Guangdong and even China.
29. 陶陶居
29. Taotaoju Restaurant  
陶陶居酒楼位广州市第十甫路,于1880年(清光绪六年)开业。由黄澄波创办。酒楼原名“陶陶居”。由广东巨商谭杰南等扩建后改名,寓“乐也陶陶”之意,现高悬于大堂之上的黑漆金字招牌是著名学者康有为所书。酒楼以经营姑苏清茶细点和广东风味菜点为特色,是广州茶楼中之佼佼者。酒家以其独特的建筑风格、幽雅的环境布局、正宗的粤菜和高品质的服务,驰名省、港、澳及东南亚地区。1997年被国内贸易部首批命名为国家特级酒家之一。
Taotaoju Restaurant is located in Dishipu Road, Guangzhou City and it started for business operation in 1880 (in the sixth year of Guangxu ’s Reign). It was set up by Huang Chengbo and originally named as “Tao Tao Ju”. After it was renovated for expansion and thus renamed by Tan Jienan, a tycoon in Guangdong, and other persons, it literally means “Leyetaotao” (happy over delicacies served here), the black lacquer and gold-lettered signboard hung over the dining hall was inscribed by the famous scholar Kang Youwei. The restaurant is highly featured with Sugu green tea and light refreshments and Canton-flavored delicacies, so it outshines all other similar restaurants in Guangzhou. The restaurant is celebrated in Guangdong, Hong Kong, Macau and Southeast Asia for its peculiar architectural style, elegant environmental layout and genuine Canton flavor dishes and the high-quality service. It was named as one of the National Super Restaurants by the Ministry of Internal Trade in 1997.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.