Author: ilearnabc

Do You Fear about Death? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-5-24 00:10:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ilearnabc at 2010-5-22 11:42
I think people fear about death due to the reasons as below:

* They are not sure where they are going to after death. The fear is to cause by the unknown world, where no one can tell you it is g ...

people normally don't even think of 'death'........unless.... they are actually around it......
or.......
if.......
psychologically challanged.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-24 00:27:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by esmarika at 2010-5-24 00:10

people normally don't even think of 'death'........unless.... they are actually around it......
or.......
if.......
psychologically challanged.

still, it's a good subject...what's so taboo about it?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2010-5-24 01:12:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by jhaye_le at 2010-5-24 00:06

No, I don't.  It's inevitable.  What matters most is how we lived, whose lives we touched,
and were we able to leave a lasting legacy...
And yes, of course, if we go to heaven or hell.
:)

hmm:):)

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-24 07:26:22 |Display all floors
anyone who doesnt fear death doesnt comprehend anything about their own life or the end of it

Most people cant even tell you why they are alive, or the meaning of an existence

and there is especially nobody alive who tells you they dont believe in a god, who is also not afraid to die.

all people who say they dont believe in a god are liars, to themselves and to others, and they know they are

This very temporary and very very very short life has but one reason and one reason only

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-24 07:33:11 |Display all floors
How do you know they are liars ?

I dont fear death, if i had terminal cancer in dire pain i'd take cyanide.

The older i get the more i realise how precious time is and its slowly running out so better make the most of it.

If there's nothing beyond death you wont know about it anyway so death is peace.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-24 07:51:38 |Display all floors
I have a few thoughts about death.

The background to this is that we are creatures that run on energy, namely electricity. Any physicist can tell you that a basic rule is that energy cannot be created or destroyed, merely transformed. If we think of our energy as being the basis of a soul then we can assume that our souls cannot be destroyed at death, therefore meaning the only other option for our soul is transformation.

If our conciousness is transformed along with the energy and somehow remains intact then death is simply the process of relinquishing a physical shell which breaks down into its component parts and again becomes part of the earth. The energy released will be used in other natural processes.

Even if the soul does not remain intact in a fashion there is nothing to fear from death as we have returned to the flow of energy that provides the fuel for the universe to contine, whether this means we become one with the cosmos or if we again are invested into a corporeal shell it matters little.

There is no need for fear, just acceptance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-24 08:15:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2010-5-24 07:33
How do you know they are liars ?

I dont fear death, if i had terminal cancer in dire pain i'd take cyanide.

The older i get the more i realise how precious time is and its slowly running out  ...

-
again, a lie

tell me that again on your death bed, when you do have terminal cancer, and you are "ready" to be dead

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.