Author: tamson

Do you trust the China-made jet plane? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-5-23 16:18:43 |Display all floors
Did they conduct "crash tests" with some of our CD dummies (those over patriots) ?

I am waiting for that to happen first.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-23 16:59:46 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
"My way or Guantanamo Bay"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-24 00:39:07 |Display all floors
I generally don't trust any plane that hasn't been tranporting people for at least one year without accident. No matter whether Airbus, Boeing or Embraer or AVIC. I'm not necessarily afraid the plane might crash - but it might get delayed due to software or electronics troubles, which is annoying enough for me. So I prefer established planes. (I also haven't flied the new Airbus A380 yet... but on my next journey to singapore, I certainly will).

However, after the Chinese Airplane has been flying passengers around the world (or at least across China) for at least one year, I won't mind taking it - if there's enough space for me :)
So far, the main problem when I was flying with Chinese airlines weren't saftey concerns, but the mere fact that there seems to be an ongoing discrimination in China against people who are taller than 1.85 m, even in business class sometimes... Anyway, they tend to serve better food than many western airlines and as the flights are short and often not very busy, I was always satisfied as a customer anyway^^

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-24 10:17:50 |Display all floors
quote LI KaiFU's teacher says: I don't agree with your , but I support  you ...
         go go go ! China's aviation

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-24 10:29:11 |Display all floors

Plane will have to go through thorough testings

Watch for the testings

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-24 12:24:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
"My way or Guantanamo Bay"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-24 13:17:39 |Display all floors

Reply #8 tamson's post

It looks nice on the photo, (any photoshop touch ups? wa ha ha ha)

Let's watch how it performs, probably domestic passengers, domestic airlines gets to be GUINEA PIGS for the first year or so, till people get to gain confidence on the C919 passenger jets! The Chinese military should buy a few dozen to test it on military personnel traffic, so that the people gain confidence.

China is huge, the military is huge, some 2.5 million people. The military test flight, checks on quality, checks on maintenance level needs will help AVIC 1 business tremendously!

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.