Views: 2267|Replies: 7

Could you accept a reality 'virgin auction' ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-5-12 15:48:21 |Display all floors
An Australian documentary maker has convinced several young people to appear in a reality television programme in which they auction their virginity to the highest bidder, reported on Telegragh.co.uk on May 10. This plan has irritate the Auatralian public after it was released.
And i also can't believe that thing will happen. where is the ethic of the filmmaker and the company.
the public did the right thing to stop that absurb auction

Anger over reality television 'virgin auction'  in Australia

Justin Sisley was forced to move the auction from the Australian state of Victoria to Nevada in America, after authorities said they would charge him with prostitution if the filming went ahead.

Sisley has gone public with the controversial project, claiming to have at least three willing participants.

Family First Senator Steve Fielding described the documentary as "absurd, ridiculous and disgusting"

The virgins will be paid $20,000 (pounds 12,000) each to take part in the auction and will also receive 90 per cent of their "sale price", according to a report in the Sydney Daily Telegraph.

The remainder of the money will go to the Nevada brothel which is hosting the event.

Initial bids will be placed online, but bidders will attend the final part of the auction, coming face to face with the people whose virginity they are bidding for.

One 21-year-old woman from Sydney, who used the name Veronica, said she had signed up for the auction to earn money and challenge traditional perceptions about sex.

"Technically I'm selling my virginity for money, technically that would be classified as prostitution, but it's not going to be a regular thing, so in my head I can justify that I'm not going to be a prostitute," she told the paper.

"I don't think I'll regret it."

One of the male virgins, identified only as Alex, said he had applied as a way of meeting someone.

Sisley admitted his plan was unpopular with the parents of the people involved. "They hate me," he said.

An Australian documentary maker has convinced several young people to appear in a reality television programme in which they auction their virginity to the highest bidder.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-12 15:49:56 |Display all floors
'Virgin Auction' Show Comes to U.S.

We suppose this day was inevitable: An Australian television show that will auction off the virginities of its participants has moved production to Nevada after Australian authorities threatened to charge the show's producer with prostitution. The producer, Justin Sisley, says he has three participants lined up. They'll each be paid $20,000 plus 90 percent of their "sale price." The rest of the money goes to the Nevada brothel that's hosting the show. Both men and women will be on the block.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-12 16:00:22 |Display all floors
Its already been done in the West on ebay.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-12 16:00:23 |Display all floors
gweilos getting so sEXCITED about such issues

that their PARENTS MUST TAKE a STAND against such IMMORAL Issues
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-12 16:01:03 |Display all floors
The parents might take a cut of the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-12 16:01:55 |Display all floors
Originally posted by St_George at 2010-5-12 16:00
Its already been done in the West on ebay.

& kBAY accepted those offers???
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-12 20:04:06 |Display all floors
Who would actually pay for this....deflowering virgins isn`t very exciting nor much fun.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.