Author: tamson

Shanghai Expo VS Beijing Olympic Games [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-25 23:49:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tamson at 2010-4-8 11:10
Two years later after the China held its first big international event in Beijing---2008 Olympic Games, Shanghai the finiancial center of China will held its second big event- World Expo.

Cuase  ...

i have to wait till june to post my actual view upon this matter.......:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-26 00:08:37 |Display all floors
according to some statistics, the government has spent about 400 billion RMB on the World Expo. I don't know why we need to spent so much when the government always complain lacking of money. So much money was spent on such events, but how the government can get back so much. Then building and so many other things will be dismantled after the event. I really believe money should be spent on the public  infrastructures or services first.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-4-26 08:31:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by soapdodger at 2010-4-25 17:25

I am lucky enough to have been invited to the opening of the " Panda Arse " (AKA the UK Pavilion) on April 30th. I hear there are a lot of other countries' opening parties that night  ...

Yep, you can consider yourself lucky. Yesterday evening they showed on NHK how some 5,000 people (rehearsal for next Saturday) tried to get access to the Japanese pavilion. Some of them had to wait for more than three hours. It was a real challenge for the security staff to keep the masses under control. This is the reason why I wont visit the Expo in the opening month.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-29 02:26:30 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-29 09:30:13 |Display all floors
Shanghai expo will impress more poeple as china is more and more popular in the world. But shanghai expo is some different from beijing olympic games, for the expo maybe interest more business man and art workers. It shows more about our national traditional culture and art. It's only my short thought. Am I right?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-4 09:03:47 |Display all floors
2008 olympic game showed sports  culture of all the countries ,while SHANGHAI world expo showed many detail cultures such as life ,finance  and so on ! We can not compare with them just in one piece that is interest !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-5 14:47:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by diego001 at 2010-5-4 09:03
2008 olympic game showed sports  culture of all the countries ,while SHANGHAI world expo showed many detail cultures such as life ,finance  and so on ! We can not compare with them just in one piec ...

SPORTS vs WAY OF LIFE???

which is the BETTER LIFE???
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.