Author: tamson

Shanghai Expo VS Beijing Olympic Games [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-8 20:45:21 |Display all floors
Can't wait for all the photos.

Less excited about all the comments that no doubt will show up here attached to the photos of the pavilions.  I can imagine them now: "Look how big/wonderful/spectacular/beautiful and powerful the Chinese pavilion is". "Look how pathetic and ugly the UK/USA/Jewish pavilion is".

Still I will attend and should be fun.

I'm not going to let the laowai bashers here spoil it for me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-24 20:37:14 |Display all floors
Hi, Tamson, the Shanghai Expo deserves visiting, you will like it when you aproach.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-25 01:11:05 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greatmark at 2010-4-24 20:37
Hi, Tamson, the Shanghai Expo deserves visiting, you will like it when you aproach.

yeah,we will certainly go there. (to eat my country's origional cusine).

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-4-25 11:27:57 |Display all floors
The world expo used to be a big event some forty or maybe fifty years ago. The Atomium in Brussels/Belgium still gives proof of it. Many expos took place thereafter but never eclipsed the Olympic games.

China has done a hell of a job to convince all nations to take part in this event. Probably the Shanghai Expo will be remembered as another top expo, at least that's what it looks right now. Over here the Shanghai expo is given much publicity and Japan is expected to send the most number of foreign visitors to this event. The opening date is during the so called 'Golden Week' in Japan and due to uncertainty of flight safety in Europe (Icelandic volcano) many people decided to travel to China and in particular to Shanghai.

I intend to visit the Expo in June when the first wave of visitors have returned and hotel rooms are easily available. :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-25 11:51:29 |Display all floors
wish contribute to shanghai expo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-25 14:07:20 |Display all floors
As we all have experienced ,the Beijing Olympic Games is much unforgetable to chinese people.The impressing opening  ceremony   not only suprised us but also foreigners. Beijing Olympic Games palys a role of transferring Chinese culture to the western world,as well . So ,the Shanghai Expo ,to some extents,also play  this kind of role. Through government's contunious hardworking , i believe the western countries will have no bias on China .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-25 16:25:29 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.