Author: mariame

The land of 'little small people' in China! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-7 16:24:29 |Display all floors
Sorry, I just want to puke when I see what creazy things money can do.

Would you like to see thousand of people laughing at you as you live in a zoo?

Great example of respect to these peoples...

I don't think the audience pay to laugh at them. They may laugh at some of their funny performance but how can you define how much they laugh at their bodies and how much they laugh at their actions the bodies can do.

It's no harm to laugh if they intend to make the audience to laugh.
I think most audience pay to see how they work(entertain) to support themselves. Can't dwarves have the rights to choose their performing roles? Can't audience laugh if they play funny? The photos show fairy tales setup which projects a dreamy environment let all escape from reality for a while.

You're cynical.
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-7 16:30:24 |Display all floors
how about those transvites tiger shows in thailand???? tigress or digress
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 04:28:53 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 04:47:06 |Display all floors

Good job Mariame !!

Thank you for sharing with us.

Yasawick this is definitely "different"..... and part of our "growing" experience in life, is learning to accept and and respect the existance of the different.

I would have to see the performances to judge if I like or dislike the artistic angle of this idea.
If we all think alike, ... then nobody is thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-8 05:18:20 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-9 07:39:56 |Display all floors

Crazy

They're crazy. Are we right to watch them?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-9 08:32:00 |Display all floors
I don't think the audience pay to laugh at them. They may laugh at some of their funny performance

I'm not cynical, I'm realist, and I'm disgusted, that's all. Do you joke when you say peoples dont come to laugh at them but come to laugh at their performance? And if it was "normal" size peoples, would they come to see? of course not! they come because there are dwarf peoples, they come because dwarf peoples are considered as "strange", "abnormal", i could even use the word "freaks", yes, "freaks", exactly as there was "freak shows" in fairs in the past (the woman with a barb, the elephant man...Etc).

If these peoples were truely respected, they should have opportunities exactly like me and you. One more time, I wouldnt accept people watching my show just because I'm dwarf. And why not a park for black peoples? transsexual?  amputated peoples?

This have a name: UNDIGNITY.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.