Author: manoj10

The Dragon will dance with the Elephant on a sound footing [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-5-13 06:49:36 |Display all floors
* Nuclear weapon design (Possibly Chic-4 design provided in 1980s)  
    * Nuclear weapon testing (inclusion of Pakistani observers in Chinese test at Lop Nur) (1989)Tritium gas (1986) (supplied without safeguards)  
    * Uranium enrichment (assistance to unsafeguarded Kahuta enrichment facility)  
    * Weapons-grade uranium for two devices (1980s) (supplied without safeguards)

You are completely wrong. Note that Chasm 1 was commisioned in 2000 while Pakistan nuclear test was conducted in 1998. Please read the following:

"The next landmark under Dr. I. H. Usmani, was the establishment of PINSTECH – Pakistan Institute of Nuclear Science and Technology, at Nilore near Islamabad. The principal facility there was a 5 MW research reactor, commissioned in 1965 and consisting of the Pakistan Atomic Research Reactor (PARR-1), which was upgraded to 10 MW under Munir Ahmad Khan in 1990. A second Atomic Research Reactor, PARR-2, was a Pool-type, light-water, 27-30 kW, training reactor that went critical in 1989 under Munir Ahmad Khan. Both reactors were provide by the United States[12]. Canada build Pakistan's first civil-purpose nuclear power plant[12].

The PAEC in 1970 began work on a pilot-scale plant at Dera Ghazi Khan for the concentration of uranium ores. The plant had a capacity of 10,000 pounds a day[13]."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-13 07:05:04 |Display all floors
You know nothing about it ... I am very sad.
Please check out the facts. barbaristans is  officialy thanking Chinese missile and nuclear technology. It has made job much more easier for them...   

Missiles probably came from many sources:

"The Ghauri design incorporates mechanisms that start spinning the single booster stage and warhead combination from approximately 10 seconds before termination of the powered flight at 110 seconds. At this point the warhead is separated from the rocket booster stage to fly on a re-entry trajectory that remains stable to its target. With the addition of GPS targeting the warhead accuracy is greatly enhanced.[6] The United States government believes that the Ghauri design is based on North Korea's Rodong-1 (also known as Nodong-1) missile.[7]"

"Hatf I was designed in the 1980s as a highly mobile missile for tactical use. The design is said to have been derived from the second-stage of the French Eridan missile system.[2] Its major use is as an unguided general bombardment weapon, to be fired across a battlefield or at a general target area.[2] If properly aimed, it can hit within several hundred meters of the target area. The missile is low cost and easy to produce and maintain in large numbers. The Hatf I missile development program dates back to the 1980s. The Hatf-I was officially revealed by Pakistani officials in 1989 and it is believed to have entered service in 1992.[3]"

"Abdali-I is a short-range ballistic missile (SRBM) , developed by Pakistan and currently in service of Pakistan's armed forces.[1] The Abdali-I was originally designed as the two-stage version of the Hatf-I, essentially a solid-propellant stage was attached to the bottom of a Hatf-I.[2] However, the program was canceled in 1994, likely due to the purchase of the M-11 missiles from the People’s Republic of China.[3][2] A new design for the Abdali-I was started in 1995. The Abdali-I has been named after Ahmad Shah Abdali, the founder of modern day Afghanistan."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-13 10:19:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by justinmeng at 2010-5-13 04:19 AM

You are completely wrong. Note that Chasm 1 was commisioned in 2000 while Pakistan nuclear test was conducted in 1998. Please read the following:

"The next landmark under Dr. I. H. Usma ...

Justinmeng, what is the difference between 24, November 1999 to 2000, on month ?

What happened in 2000 was the first Annual Capacity of Fuel recycling not the starting. I meantmanagement work of Chashma 1 started at the last end of 1999. :)

My data can't be wrong. As it is obtained directly from UN :)

What about the weapons grade uranium and the design of nuclear centrifuges with the capability of enriching the uranium to weapons grade and along with the design of nuclear bomb, you don't deny it, do you ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-14 04:42:55 |Display all floors
Justinmeng, what is the difference between 24, November 1999 to 2000, on month ?

Obviously, you do not know nuclear at all. As I said before, Pakistan developed their own nuclear bomb by their returned oversea scientists. Maybe they bought some nuclear books from Chinese book store when they met some problems. There are many Chinese books here talking abouth nuclear engineering.  Please read the following:

"In the fields of nuclear technology and nuclear reactor technology, the enrichment of uranium is extremely difficult and sensitive procedure that involves highly sophisticated measures. However, with acknowledging the possible nuclear threats from India; Pakistan from the outset of the Multan conference was exploring both the Plutonium and Uranium routes to the bomb. From 1974 to 1976, uranium enrichment was seen as a backup or at most a co-equal programme for fissile material production[7]. Having two different technologies for production would make Pakistan more resistant to efforts to restrain its programme, and producing both Uranium-235 and plutonium would give Pakistan greater flexibility in weapon design[7]. Mr. Sultan Bashiruddin Mahmood was only one of dozens of scientists and team of nuclear engineers were working in Europe, Canada and the United States in late sixties and early seventies that later became "Consortium Companies" to supply enriched uranium to European nuclear power plants[2]. After India's 1974 nuclear test, a vast majority of PAEC awarded scholars came back to Pakistan and joined the Nuclear program[2].

As Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan joined the Project. The work on Uranium route spurred. Dr. Qadeer Khan and his team of scientists and engineers quickly sat up the Uranium facilities around the country[25]. In July 1976, Prime Minister Bhutto gave Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan autonomous control of the uranium enrichment project, reporting directly to the Prime Minister's office, which the arrangement has continued since dr. Qadeer Khan founded the Engineering Research Laboratories (ERL) on 31 July 1976, with the exclusive task of indigenous development of Uranium Enrichment Plant[25]. Within the next five years the target would be achieved[25][7]. A Coordination Board was set up to manage and supervise the Projects' Uranium-route[26]. This Board was headed by Mr. Ghulam Ishaq Khan, and had Aftab Ghulam Nabi Kazi, Agha Shahi and Munir Ahmad Khan as its members. However, ERL continued to remain under the overall supervision of PAEC till 1977 after which it was separated and made independent, but throughout the subsequent years and the 1980s, Munir Ahmad Khan continued to serve as Member later head of the Coordination Board for the Uranium enrichment project as Chairman of PAEC[26].

By the start of 1983, Project-706's uranium route, under the supervision of dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan, had indigenously developed around 1500-2900 uranium gas centrifuges that could be tested in a nuclear device[1]. It was dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan's effort that on June 4, 1978, Pakistan scientists working in the Engineering Research Laboratories succeed in enriching uranium by separating U-238 and U-235 isotopes at the then-Pakistan Air Force controlled-Chaklala Airbase Centrifuge Laboratory (CACL). Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan, who was heading the team, quickly informs General Zia and PAEC chairman Munir Ahmad Khan informs the imprisoned Prime Minister that time, Zulfikar Ali Bhutto of the historic event[27].

By the end of 1983, ERL/KRL under dr. Qadeer Khan, carried out the first cold test of a single nuclear device but it seems that this effort did not prove to be successful since the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission led by Munir Ahmad Khan had carried out the first cold test of a working nuclear device on March 11, 1983. However, on March of 1984, the year after, Pakistan Army Corps of Engineers built the underground tunnel and cleared out the tunnels. General Zahid Ali Akbar personally supervised the construction of the nuclear test site at the Kahuta. The Kahuta Research Laboratories (KRL), led by dr. A. Qadeer Khan, had successfully developed the boosted-atomic device, using the natural urainuim instead of high enriched uranium. On March of 1984, the KRL had independently and successfully carried out its own cold tests of its nuclear device near Kahuta, using the gas centrifuge technology[28]. The cold test was witnessed by General Zahid Ali Akbar and dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan along with other senior high military officials.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-14 12:10:11 |Display all floors
Originally posted by justinmeng at 2010-5-14 02:12 AM

Obviously, you do not know nuclear at all

Maybe they bought some nuclear books from Chinese book store when they met some problems. There are many Chinese books here talking abouth nuclear engineering.  

Total contradictory statements justinmeng.

When did I said Chinese scientists where in Pakistan to develop nuclear weapons. I said China's help was more than useful in getting those bomb done especially with its designs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-14 12:13:11 |Display all floors

Obviously, you do not know nuclear at all. As I said before, Pakistan developed their own nuclear bomb by their returned oversea scientists. Maybe they bought some nuclear books from Chinese bo ...

Err....If you don't know much about Pakistan's Chasma nuclear rector. Let me help you with it,

The first concrete was poured on 01 August 1993, and primary construction of CHASNUPP was completed in late 1995, paving the way for equipment installation and construction of ancillary facilities. The Chasma nuclear power plant began operations in November 1999. CHASNUPP) was connected to a power grid on 14 June 2000. The Karachi Electric Supply Company started receiving power from CHASNUPP.

Justinmeng, I still stand by my words. I had given you more than proofs to prove that Chasma started in November 1999, China's nuclear help especially in designs and highly enriched uranium proved to be a critical help in Pakistan's program.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-5-15 04:16:13 |Display all floors
Err....If you don't know much about Pakistan's Chasma nuclear rector. Let me help you with it,

Manoj,

Everybody has the right to use nuclear power generation. Chasma 1 has nothing to do with Pakistan nuclear weapon which was tested in 1998. (The weapon grade uranium for test came from different sources.) They are building Chasma 2, 3&4 now. Not sure if China will export nuclear power generations to India though they export a lot of coal fire power generations to them. Russia and Frence are bulding PRW in India and US is going to follow.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.