Author: manoj10

The Dragon will dance with the Elephant on a sound footing [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2010-5-12 12:00:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by justinmeng at 2010-5-9 10:32 PM


I think that both Pakistan and India obtained the nuclear technology from CANDU reactor which was exported from Canada in 1950’s. North Korea exported the missile technology to Pakistan if you ...


India did obtained nuclear technology from CANDU but Pakistan didn't have one. It had a covert smuggling network which smuggled the technology. North Korea did helped Pakistan especially in missiles and China helped in nuclear enrichment that is a world known fact. What is new in this. !!!

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2010-5-12 13:48:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by justinmeng at 2010-5-10 01:02


I think that both Pakistan and India obtained the nuclear technology from CANDU reactor which was exported from Canada in 1950’s. North Korea exported the missile technology to Pakistan if you ...


You know nothing about it ... I am very sad. :)
Please check out the facts. barbaristans is  officialy thanking Chinese missile and nuclear technology. It has made job much more easier for them...  
Plant Trees and Save the Planet Earth.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 4

Post time 2010-5-12 13:53:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-5-9 14:26
Don't forget - it always takes two to dance.

Excellent Sino-Pakistan relations are not the only reason for mediocre, if not bad, Sino-Indian relations. There is the ever lasting problem of the D ...


That Monk doesn't get much attention in India as compare to western world and china.. China gives him too much attention and it is really surprising..   Compare a threat from a monk to missile and nuke tech to barbaristan..  that even doesn't require brain to judge.  right ?
Plant Trees and Save the Planet Earth.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-5-12 15:03:30 |Display all floors
Originally posted by karma123 at 2010-5-12 14:53


That Monk doesn't get much attention in India as compare to western world and china.. China gives him too much attention and it is really surprising..   Compare a threat from a monk to missile  ...



I don't believe that Sino-Pakistan relations are crucial to the development of Sino-Indian ties. India has very good relations with the U.S. although PK is a U.S. ally. How do you explain this?

The monk always was and still is the main obstacle for sound Chinese-Indian ties, simply because organizations such as the TYC are allowed to use India as an operational H/Q for anti China activities.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2010-5-12 15:10:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-5-12 12:33 PM

I don't believe that Sino-Pakistan relations are crucial to the development of Sino-Indian ties.  


It depends on how you see it. If you see in Indian point of view its highly a tense and an important issue

Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-5-12 12:33 PM

India has very good relations with the U.S. although PK is a U.S. ally. How do you explain this?  


US does business in rule of law. It had sanctioned Pakistan in the past for illegally obtaining nuclear technology and using her arms against India. Can China does the same, no it can't because the all weather ally relationship is India specific. Why can't China give nukes to North Korea, Myanmar and Sudan, they are also all weather allies right ?

Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-5-12 12:33 PM

The monk always was and still is the main obstacle for sound Chinese-Indian ties, simply because organizations such as the TYC are allowed to use India as an operational H/Q for anti China activities.


This I agree is India's fault.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-5-12 15:35:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by manoj10 at 2010-5-12 16:10




  1. .................because the all weather ally relationship is India specific. Why can't China give nukes to North Korea, Myanmar and Sudan, they are also all weather allies right ?
Copy code


If we look back to the point from where it all started, it was after the monk fled China and was permitted to use India as a R&R center for his dubious activities.

Sudan an all weather ally? That's doubtful. It's more of a raw material supplier. Did China give nukes to PK? Is there evidence?

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2010-5-12 16:31:48 |Display all floors

China Pakistan illicit nuclear relation

Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-5-12 01:05 PM
Did China give nukes to PK? Is there evidence?


NUCLEAR WEAPON-RELATED ASSISTANCE

    * Nuclear weapon design (Possibly Chic-4 design provided in 1980s)  
    * Nuclear weapon testing (inclusion of Pakistani observers in Chinese test at Lop Nur) (1989)Tritium gas (1986) (supplied without safeguards)  
    * Uranium enrichment (assistance to unsafeguarded Kahuta enrichment facility)  
    * Weapons-grade uranium for two devices (1980s) (supplied without safeguards)


DUAL-USE NUCLEAR ASSISTANCE

    * Power Reactors: Chashma-1 (CHASNUPP-1):

      --Commissioned on 24 November 1999
      --supplied under IAEA safeguards--INFCIRC/418
    * --power plant computer system for Chashma-1  Reprocessing Facility at Chashma (unsafeguarded)

    * --Possible assistance with construction Research reactors:  

      --Miniature Neutron Source Reactor (MNSR) (supplied under IAEA safeguards--INFCIRC/393) (1991)
      --Parr-1 (unsafeguarded)
    * --Parr-2 (the China Institute of Atomic Energy [CIAE] designed the reactor's nuclear system)  Ring magnets (about 5,000) (to unsafeguarded A.Q. Khan Research Laboratory in Kahuta) (1995) (supplied without safeguards)  
    * Plutonium Production reactor at Khushab, 50-70 MW Heavy Water Reactor (unsafeguarded)

      -- Chinese assistance with construction
    * -- Provision of special industrial furnace and high-tech diagnostic equipment in September 1996 Heavy water (D2O):

      --Up to 5 MT/year for safeguarded PHWR [Kanupp] research reactor
    * --Possibly diverted by Pakistan to the Khushab research reactor against Chinese wishes Fuel fabrication services

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.