Author: cossack

Russia delivers S300 missile system to China… Obama is very upset [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-5 20:48:52 |Display all floors

open your mouth wide cum 4 you...

Originally posted by packapaca at 2010-4-4 23:31

Use your brains. Sell the missiles to the Iranians for a 40% profit.
For half of it, we send a few rundown F-15's, so the mullhas have something to shoot at .... and we can also sell them fak ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 04:09:53 |Display all floors

Russia delivers S300 missile system to China

Okay if this is just a 'stop gap' for the military.

A big and strong economical country like China having to rely on a foreign country for arms to defend itself is rather shameful, dangerous and a very bad policy!

China must spend, spend and spend on Research and Development of modern and sofisticated weaponaries.
This is no other alternattive to this self reliance of arms production if we don't want to end up like Iraq!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 11:40:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matthew5_3 at 2010-4-4 17:00
What is it that Chinese missiles cannot do that Russian missiles can?

Nothing new and small potatoes as compared to the HQ-9's and better that China is in the process of pumping out from out of its very own indigenous plants...  

Besides, with China's tens of thousand of miles of sensitive coast and border [size=-2](I.e., 3000 mile coast, 3000 miles border with Russia and Stands, and 3000 miles that we need to guard against zits coming our way not to mention the thousands of miles we share with SEA) to protect, where is this supposedly measly 15 S-300 batteries going to defend? I mean Man!!!  It's not even sufficient to keep our Mr. Interesting from out of what are seemingly still British HK ...

My take: This batch of S-300 is not front line Russian technologies that China would have any interest.  The balancing beam China is walking on is either go indigenous with carrier born aircrafts such as navalized versions of the J-10/11B or to go Su-35's or better and either H-8 and 9's which China is rumored as working on or the Tu-160 Black Jacks with both Russian items being off limits to Beijing. The S-300 is not the hot items that China would want on its buy list.

I mean heck, China don't even want the Tu-22 when it was offered to China a couple of years back during the first ever Russian Chinese military excercise ever China and Russia have had betwen the two country because, like the S-300, the u-22 too is obsolete.

[size=-2]
The Russians are under obligatory oaths/agreements to the Americans to 'not' sell advance military technology to the Chinese. In other words, the S-300 is already obsolete and useless technology http://www.janes.com/articles/Ja ... nd-S-300-China.html that the Russians wants to use as a revenue generator and my speculation is that the 15 S-300 deal was probably something that's been worked into a trade & barter deal between China and Russia for some time.

Truth: China herself was rumored to have either transferred or exported her HQ-9's (said to be S-300 equivalents) to both Iran and Turkey so what good will a measly 15 battery of S-300 do for China?

NOTHING!
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 11:49:41 |Display all floors
Originally posted by ThankoPan at 2010-4-5 12:09
Okay if this is just a 'stop gap' for the military.

A big and strong economical country like China having to rely on a foreign country for arms to defend itself is rather shameful, dangerous and ...

there was a time i think that to rub each others back, washington itself was proposing to patronize the russians with a proposals to buy russian aam's for use by the usaf and that is a fact and no fiction. but whatever's became of the idea only almighty god knows....
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 19:31:24 |Display all floors
I wouldn't see why the US would be worried about China having the missiles. They serve no effective guard against any realistic US actions in the region.

The US worries about smaller actors having them because they increase the costs of a campaign considerably (if they have large numbers) but in a war with China the US would already be bringing enough firepower that they wouldn't matter much.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-7 06:15:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2010-4-6 03:31
I wouldn't see why the US would be worried about China having the missiles. They serve no effective guard against any realistic US actions in the region.

The US worries about smaller actors havi ...

This time around, Mr. Interesting macho man...

The Americans are not "untouchable" no more. For once, America is within reach of practically everyone who have a vested interest to defend themselves. If the message by Gates to de-nuke the world is not clear enough to you as to what life's real reality are now days, then I don't know what is or will.

I mean doesn't it strike you as strange that throughout the nuclear age that, for the very first time ever, that America have conceded that the world needs to cut its nuclear arsenals?

I mean underneath all of this concession, who do you think the message was directed? Iran? Korea? C'mon! Be real! You may be Mr. interesting macho man with a sly and sneaky eye trained point blank on the Chinese, but, you have to have more brains than that...

This "phenomenon" indirectly, my opinion, was broadcasted towards the Chinese because finally, they realize that dealing with the Chinese militarily amounts to the same as the pushing the fire button which have the label "total self destruct" imprinted on it and that have to be a scary Dr. Strangelove type situation we all beat our brains over...

So, Iran? Korea?  Seriously, does these two amount to anything at all when compared to what the US can throw at them???  

Time to swallow your pride Mr. Interesting macho-man because walking tall but carry with you a big stick is outdated and it don't work anymore in nuke armed world!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-7 10:22:28 |Display all floors

"realistic"?

Originally posted by interesting at 2010-4-6 19:31

The US worries about smaller actors havi ...

No-one gives a flying fart what the U.S. thinks anymore. Just ask India.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.