Author: ilearnabc

Chinese moral vs. Western moral [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-14 15:50:12 |Display all floors

Reply #193 Wahahaha's post

Now you're talkin' the crux of the matter!

China is at a critical juncture! Now is not the time to sacrifice the individual, it is time to empower the people with purchasing power but with stringent well-thought-out guidelines and to quickly empower central government employees (newly educated and incorruptibly over-seen -- possible now more than at any other time in history) to oversee all national markets -- not to run them, but to steer the consumer towards those things that will increase the rate of real growth. Constrict garbage consumables with fines and regulations and provide incentives into the goods and services that will sustain a more self-contained economy. China has done this with things like education throughout its past and the proven interest by the government in building infrastructure would suggest this is not that far out-of-reach.

What China needs to be wary of is big business!

However, my hat's off to Chery for grabbing up Volvo -- a good man for China and a good company for China to really begin to demonstrate it will be the cutting-edge of technology!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-15 00:00:49 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-15 16:10:08 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-15 16:19:01 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Wahahaha at 2010-4-15 16:10
Hey it's not that hard, and you know I'd doing ANYTHING just to shove it down your mouth.

Yeah, YOUR responses really show some depth. I have to give you that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-15 18:54:22 |Display all floors

Seneca

I disagree with you. I reckon I know the guy (a HongKey) and I have known for some time that he is out-of-step with the central government's position of greater openness and historical honesty. For instance, CCTV-9 is broadcast for everyone to see and right there in English, you can find very well-done segments and series on Chinese history. If you enjoy listening to Chinese, you can see that CCTV-6 produces some very good historical segments as well. Additionally. a good set of my books have come from the big bookstore right there in GZ! You can find the English version of Three Kingdom's also at the little bookstore across from the Irish pub right there in GZ. Further, how can anyone avoid the cultural significance of all their folk stories? Heck, the emphasis once made on Kung Fu-type movies, alone were all about intrigues and plots and subterfuge. Moreover, even the childhood stories are filled with moral teachings that prepare one to meet such normal nasty human behavior.

That's not to say that you, I and others haven't had a open-hand at all times, considering the state of affairs in transition, this should be expected and we should be patient.

I guess I could try to make an observation about Chinese culture as I have discovered it so far. ... next post, maybe

However, that will require some considerable reflection and I simply don't have the time right now to spend on it.

Suffice it for now to say that the Chinese spirit is long-suffering and long-enduring, survival has created several readily recognizable strengths, the center of which is a stark self-analysis of reality mixed with some sense of the possibility that by achieving some sort of balance and harmony, they continue on, all together -- the Chinese WILL endure!

:)

[ Last edited by blueskies88 at 2010-4-15 11:30 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-8-29 07:45:40 |Display all floors
up

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.