Author: satsu_jin

Google has censorship balancing act outside China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-4 11:36:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liuyedao at 2010-4-4 11:34

Not really, we attract many people to live here, even those ungrateful ones. Different from east german.

Money has no moral - you attract money (with people attached to it). That's all.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-4-4 11:38:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rockmybaby at 2010-4-4 12:27
ARE YOU ALL NOT AWARE WHAT RISK YOU ARE TAKING WITHHOLDING THE TRUTH FROM THE PEOPLE.

ARE YOU NOT THINKING !

Look RMB, when you talk to me you don't have to shout. I'm not deaf.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-4 11:38:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-4-4 00:01
But I personally do not believe that such a populous country as China which is developing is ready for academic discussions on emotive issues....

(Ah.. the old 'China has many people excuse' ...)

And the main reason for this....?

Could it possibly be because the general population has been fed a one-sided censored version of events for so long?

Current censorship fulfilled by the cause of past censorship??

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-4-4 11:40:40 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rockmybaby at 2010-4-4 12:32
I can read something else in the article.

I can read that google has censorship issues in some other countries (like Australia).

But none of them throw google out.

Except China !

That i ...

You're misinformed as usual. Nobody threw Google out. They did this themselves. It reminds me of a certain "government" in self-exile.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-4 11:42:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rockmybaby at 2010-4-4 11:35
google was abiding Chinese laws.

This is a joke and you know it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-4 11:43:45 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liuyedao at 2010-4-4 11:33
China didn't throw google out, it's google that demand differential treatment which violate Chinese law. Then they move out.

No they didn't ask for "differential treatment which violate Chinese law".

They stated they were not willing to 'self-censor'.

And they did so knowing that their results would be censored by the Great Firewall (just like happens in Hong Kong now).

The suggestion that Google took this action because they thought results in China would not be censored is ridiculous and a fine piece of negative PR spin by the government to its people. Google knew censorship would continue but asked that they not carry out the role themselves.

Chinese law does NOT state that private companies should censor information themselves.  That is an instruction of government here. Another fine example of the complete lack of distance between government & the law in this country.

Even though you have stated that censorship is acceptable to you (under certain circumstances), do you really feel that the role of censor should be in the hands of private individuals/companies? You don't think that is a function that should be carried out by government?

[ Last edited by zhiran at 2010-4-4 11:46 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-4 11:43:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rockmybaby at 2010-4-4 11:36
Money has no moral - you attract money (with people attached to it). That's all.

You should tell this to all foreigners that came and stay here.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.