Author: satsu_jin

Google has censorship balancing act outside China [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-4-4 10:29:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by sisko77 at 2010-4-4 00:59

So you would want to ban "Mein Kampf" by Adolf Hitler, because it's fraudulent, racist, one sided and simply wrong? It is an historical document. People in every country except German ...

Yes, I consider books like 'Mein Kampf' as poison for any society and strongly back decisions by governments that prohibit such hate "literature".

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-4-4 10:32:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-4-4 01:01

1. But I personally do not believe that such a populous country as China which is developing is ready for academic discussions on emotive issues.
Copy code

Exactly, discussion of such subjects serve only one purpose - to create unrest.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-4 10:44:11 |Display all floors

#1 I read they are still....

working in Australia though the government there has decided to go ahead with their project of internet censorship!

Of course, what else could they do? No "australian" Hong Kong for them.....so there they have to lick the boot of the masters!

Shame on Google!

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-4-4 10:48:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rockmybaby at 2010-4-3 19:56

Let me also remind you, if the events from the end 90s had succeeded China would still be Asia's poorest backwater, democratic and highly impoverished. Moreover it would indirectly be run by western countries. I see this as the main reason why you guys are so keen to have this subject discussed among the general public.

Fortunately the plot failed as did similar attempts in T.    b.

Tough luck. Move on, there is nothing to see.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-4 10:50:03 |Display all floors

Hit the nail right on the head......

Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-4-4 10:48

Let me also remind you, if the events from the end 90s had succeeded China would still be Asia's poorest backwater, democratic and highly impoverished. Moreover it would indirectly be run by  ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-4 11:27:11 |Display all floors
ARE YOU ALL NOT AWARE WHAT RISK YOU ARE TAKING WITHHOLDING THE TRUTH FROM THE PEOPLE.

ARE YOU NOT THINKING !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-4 11:30:02 |Display all floors
ARE YOU NOT TAKING ANY LESSONS FROM HISTORY ?

IN THE END THE TRUTH HAD ALWAYS PREVAILED - AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE WHO LEFT THE PEOPLE IN THE DARK ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.