Author: satsu_jin

Google has censorship balancing act outside China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-3 18:56:02 |Display all floors
Quote Satsujin:

No, with the exception if historical content is fraudulent, racist, one sided or simply wrong!!

Yes permitted , if the intention is to topple governments, split nations and spread hatred and to stir up unrest.

---------------------------------

Who, in your opinion has the right to decide about this ?

Just get practical - let's talk about the event in   1 9 8 9 .

This event is "completely" blocked - there is no version A and no version B, even not a version C of it.

Why ? Did it not happen ? Not worth to discuss ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-3 22:39:06 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-3 22:47:06 |Display all floors
It is nice to live in a country where you can post anything that does not itself necessarily imply harm to someone.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-3 23:52:24 |Display all floors

rockmybaby

I did try but my post is languishing on the filters.

I will chop it up and send it 'piece-meal'.  

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-3 23:55:32 |Display all floors

RMB

You have a very monetary sounding acronym.   

It is a very clear and concise point that you have made.

I would personally attempt to offer an answer in this way.

If China was as developed as some of the other parts of the world.

Then, yes no need to censor.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-3 23:59:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-4-3 11:16

No, with the exception if historical content is fraudulent, racist, one sided or simply wrong!!

So you would want to ban "Mein Kampf" by Adolf Hitler, because it's fraudulent, racist, one sided and simply wrong? It is an historical document. People in every country except German can read it without problems.

Why do you support this bullsh1t? You don't want people to know the facts (i.e. that the book sucks)? Don't have trust that people have their own brain and can think for theirself, if you let them? The book is a piece of sh1t. But why ban it? Let everyone build THEIR OWN opinion, instead of forcing them to have the "one and only true opinion".

"That Hitler book is sh1t. You don't want to read it."

"Why?"

"It's all wrong, racist and one sided"

"How do you know, when you're not allowed to purchase it?"

"It's banned. Trust me. It's wrong."

"Oh. Great. I believe you. If you say so, then it must be fact. It's also easier when I just have your opinion instead of doing the hard work of using my own brain."

[ Last edited by sisko77 at 2010-4-3 05:04 PM ]
Minds are like parachutes: they only function when they're open.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-4 00:01:25 |Display all floors

RMB

But I personally do not believe that such a populous country as China which is developing is ready for academic discussions on emotive issues.

You will note the growing body of writers who discuss just how volatile confrontations can be in densely populated countries such as China and India, and indeed if we think of India we can see that poor people are readily roused to anger, and death by violence is a regular occurrence.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.