Author: polaris1120

PLA's first carrier 'ready by 2012' [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-5 13:40:44 |Display all floors
we need aircraft carrier, our country possess so long coast line.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-5 13:41:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matthew5_3 at 2010-4-4 20:59
Not true.  China still is in taoguanyianghui mode, and will be for a long time.  Until the whole population is lifted out of poverty, and lifted up to middle-class level.   Also, preserving and cul ...

it'll never happen... the chinese population is simply way too massive and way too diverse for any chinese administration be it prc or kmt (roc) to be able to deal with and bring everyone into an equilibrium standard of living...  the tang chinese had not been able to do it, the han chinese had not been able to do it, the qing chinese had not been able to do it, and neither had the kmt's nor the prc had been able to do it, so why be overly wishful?

besides, the question of poverty is not limited only to china. i mean even in the united states, poverty is a major thing in the black and hisbanic south when compared to the average whites and better to do's of the country.  simply put: shantytowns are not limited only to south africa -- it's alive and well even in the united states of america.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-5 13:42:09 |Display all floors
aircraft carrier is benefit for national defense

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-5 13:47:03 |Display all floors

Reply #23 edisonone's post

look at the mess in the USA when they tried to do it......

the Bronx, drug barons.....

hmmmm

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-5 13:57:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by longbaoer at 2010-4-4 21:40
we need aircraft carrier, our country possess so long coast line.

i agree that every nation needs aircraft carriers as part of their defense postures if they can afford it.  but how many nation can afford [the ongoing operational costs] of a carrier fleet, never mind the 6 of them if my call proves correct???

if you consider [the supposedly 3 nukes that the brits still have in the bottom of the atlantic] as a results of exocet missiles on one of their hms's just off of the coast of argintina, a result of the falkland war, and it's only two 2 generation french f-1 etandards jet fighters that did it too mind you...

"then it should give us some indication as to the vulnerability of surface vessels in times of real, deadly, state of the arts 21st century technology wars.

ever since the falkland war, it should be noted that britian havn't to this day commissioned any new assets to the royal navy. that speaks volumes.
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-5 14:03:35 |Display all floors

Reply #26 edisonone's post

i thought they build the new Type 045 destroyers?

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 04:17:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2010-4-4 22:03
i thought they build the new Type 045 destroyers?

Green DRagon
Game Master

did they? they sure didn't make any big noise about it if that were the case. i mean unlike the americans who makes a big fanfare and brags about the launching of new systems, i.e., the uss ronald reagan and the uss george bush, britian keeps pretty low profile these days. lots of talks about the hms qe, the super carrier, but, is instead speculated be in the offering to new dehli cos britian can't afford the extreme costs? then there's this talk about a new british super ssbn which military circles says are so advance it can pick up a chinese sub in the south china sea from way out in the uk.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.