Author: longzhou

Volvo sale deal to Geely about to be inked! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-29 07:05:00 |Display all floors

of course of course...

Originally posted by cestmoi at 2010-3-28 14:53

Sure, China can make jeans, but they are not Levis.

Chinese wrist watches are value for money, but they are not Omega or Rolex.

Volvo and Saab have their own niche markets.

but why not start our very own & work hard on it like the japanese & korean...look at hyundai for an example  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 07:22:15 |Display all floors

Yup

Originally posted by youknowhat at 2010-3-29 07:05

but why not start our very own & work hard on it like the japanese & korean...look at hyundai for an example  

Can do. But in the meantime...
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 07:34:11 |Display all floors

dont think it's wise...

i really dont think it is wise to bring up any foreign brand or logo at anytime...i rather buy their techology and build on my own coz the legacy never be yours if you do that (i dunno just wild thought)  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 10:29:50 |Display all floors
I am afraid: Volvo brand! Geely quality!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 10:39:13 |Display all floors
Let's make a note before we start jumping up and down about Geely improving its reputation: ownership by Ford did not improve Ford's image and only damaged Volvo's (if it did anything). Likewise,  Tata's acquisitions haven't improved its reputation.

Brands don't create a halo to unrelated products.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 10:56:51 |Display all floors

that's so true...

Originally posted by interesting at 2010-3-28 18:39
Let's make a note before we start jumping up and down about Geely improving its reputation: ownership by Ford did not improve Ford's image and only damaged Volvo's (if it did anything). Likewise,   ...

i think after the brits sold jag & land rover to india, and it makes people think twice before purchasin a jag/land rover...and the nano/smartcar are not too practical to take em on the hiways (no safety feature at all) and i better stick to my corolla  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 11:06:49 |Display all floors
The Brits actually sold them to Ford which, in turn, sold them to Tata.

In reality, no one thinks of Volvo as a subsidiary of its owner, its position as an "independent" brand is pretty ingrained in the public psyche. Of course, were anyone to think of it as a "Geely", they wouldn't drive one.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.