Author: UYA

"Human Rights"? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-5 20:34:50 |Display all floors
Chinese are targeted in the US?  Since when?  That was true in the early days, in fact there are some scandalous stories of when the railroads were all built when we had chinese immigrants pouring into the country.

Now it's more of a reverse discrimination.  We expect them to be smart, good students, law-abiding, etc.  My friend once said he used that to his advantage in dealing with investors.  They would automatically assume that just by being asian, he knew more about technology and math.  lol

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-6 08:52:38 |Display all floors

yes and.........

Originally posted by JFenix at 2010-4-5 20:34
Chinese are targeted in the US?  Since when?  That was true in the early days, in fact there are some scandalous stories of when the railroads were all built when we had chinese immigrants pouring  ...

There are those who blame Chinese for the downhill spiral of America.
Politicians running this year are waving this banner over their head feeding the hate in the US. Try walking into a bar in  the far south filled with "rednecks" and see if an Asian person will feel welcome there. In China a "white man" can walk into any bar and feel comfortable.

To be fair......
There are those in this forum who blame the west for all the ills of China's past (I can't argue with this).
However I find there is less racism in China then the US.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 18:00:54 |Display all floors
Originally posted by UYA at 2010-4-6 08:52

There are those who blame Chinese for the downhill spiral of America.
Politicians running this year are waving this banner over their head feeding the hate in the US. Try walking into a bar in ...

I don't think asians feel comfortable in any redneck bar - neither do I.  

But I am puzzled that you think China is less racist.  That's not been my experience.  And as far as the China blame - we blame our corporations more.  They are the ones who sold out our labor force.  But yeah, america is now 'made in china' and that does get to people.   We lost pride when we lost our manufacturing.  It hurt us.  But I've never seen anyone take it out on people here or has this increased racism.  We do have a reverse racism for asians as I've said before.  We tend to think just because they are asian, they must be better students, they must be better behaved, etc...That is the reputation of asians in our country.  Did you know they do better than the average american?  Statistically, asians will have higher educations, more income,low divorce rates and lower teenage pregnancies.  So, if there is racism, it's working towards their advantage.  Asians do better than any other group here including the majority white population.  FACT.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 18:29:13 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-6 19:24:07 |Display all floors
Ummm....

It's not really a good thing to say "we're doing better than the social outlook of the 19th century" when you're in the 21st....

The CPC should put up banners that say "at least it's not the Stone Age".
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-4-6 21:27:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2010-4-6 19:24
Ummm....

It's not really a good thing to say "we're doing better than the social outlook of the 19th century" when you're in the 21st....

The CPC should put up banners that say &quo ...

How far away are we from the "stone age"?
What have we learned from then to now "socially"?
One could argue that we were better "human beings" then.

In the whole scheme of things.......
We are still little babies.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.