Author: Shured

Why are Chinese cities so ugly? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-23 12:03:54 |Display all floors

Reply #35 sono_hito's post

Yes, you are right ------ The Northwest corridor in USA is just horrible too!
the 1890 to 1950 construction boom!
we can see rusting old abandoned mills outside New York etc.

Quite "teruk" as we would say in Malaya!

ha ha ha

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-23 14:41:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2010-3-23 12:03
Yes, you are right ------ The Northwest corridor in USA is just horrible too!
the 1890 to 1950 construction boom!
we can see rusting old abandoned mills outside New York etc.

Quite "teruk ...

are u telling their are no poor amerikans living under the bridges with bon fires????
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-23 16:17:36 |Display all floors

Click the photo above!

You will see gap between skyscrapers. I saw some photos of 2020 Shanghai Urban Planning Model, and I saw a lot of this kind of cityscape. This is ugly. The western country will avoid this kind of city development, but in China it's everywhere. This is a huge mistake.

Even the new Shanghai mayor said Shanghai is an ugly city, a mistake.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-23 16:20:03 |Display all floors
h ttp://movingcities.org/wordpress/wp-content/photos/sha_urban/081224-sha-urban-0203-01.jp g

Click the photo above!

You will see gap between skyscrapers. I saw some photos of 2020 Shanghai Urban Planning Model, and I saw a lot of this kind of cityscape. This is ugly. The western country will avoid this kind of city development, but in China it's everywhere. This is a huge mistake.

Even the new Shanghai mayor said Shanghai is an ugly city, a mistake.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-23 16:28:39 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Shured at 2010-3-23 16:17

Click the photo above!

You will see gap between skyscrapers. I saw some photos of 2020 Sh ...

those gaps typifies your BIG Mouth on Feng Shui la
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-23 17:48:04 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Shured at 2010-3-21 19:58
I don't mean to mocking.

But from what I saw in my own eyes, almost all of China cities are ugly. I wonder if China mayor understand about how to build a city?

For example Shanghai. They buil ...

that's funny, i also know some foreigners are so crazy about buddhism, chinese traditional buildings, etc,
does that mean they are assimilated by chinese culture!!??-----absoulutely not, it is just a process of globalization, people all over the world come closer and get to know each other better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-23 19:29:04 |Display all floors
Recently, an imagination-deficient film director made the movie New York I love you...copying the movie Paris I love you.

In fact the fact that someone can do a movie called "XXX I love you" says a lot about the human dimension of a city. Most people use to love Paris, and the movie say that Paris also love you, wich mean that Paris is made for peoples. I lived 10 years there, and I can confirm, so many fantastic places in Paris. so many fun, history, culture are there. Not all the cities are beautiful in france, I personnaly think Italy has more beautiful cities. But the most important is that tese cities were built for peoples, for life, for human, and even for love stories.

In my street, here in south east china, there are even no sidewalk in the street for peoples, everything is made for cars. children and other pedestrian risk their life as soon as they open their door. These awful dirty buildings,gray color, where people live, packed like rabbits, I cannot understand how people can make such inhuman design. not even sunlight.

And modern cities are no better: a few expensives building for big companies, shopping mall,that only a part of the population can afford, other just go find a house in the far suburb, spending 5 hours a day in the transportation. bye bye the beautiful hutong, bye bye the 400 years old traditionnal wgr cities of ulumuqi.
That's not a problem for the rich. Even if millions of people can just pack together for live, rich have the right to build a golf in the center of the city. 1/5 of this little city is for a golf. a glof that need 200 liter water a day / square meter for its grass during the summer. It's funny when you think that running water is not drinkable there, there are even places where people lack water , see now in south east china...

Garden? there are some. little, oversatured. trees there never reach big size because they are mistreated. Better not to mention the quality of air or the situation of the scarces river that still have the right to cross cities.there are always a good reason for have a yellow or blue colored water, no matter, any life has disappered for a long time in these rivers.

Prices. for the same price of an appartment in a disgusting gray old building, you could buy a house with garden in a beautiful place in europe.

I dont know who decided to treat peoples like rabbit here, but I would say that in my opinion, such cities will never "love its peoples" , and there will never be a movie called XXX I love you".

Of course, there are still very beautiful little cities in china. But for the modern, I dont think most population have anything to expect of these modern inhuman cities. they are even more inhuman than those of the Mao era.

hope this could change one day.

[ Last edited by yasawakic at 2010-3-23 07:33 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.