Author: Shured

Why are Chinese cities so ugly? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-22 12:16:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Shured at 2010-3-21 19:58
I don't mean to mocking.

But from what I saw in my own eyes, almost all of China cities are ugly. I wonder if China mayor understand about how to build a city?

For example Shanghai. They buil ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-22 12:17:00 |Display all floors

You too

Originally posted by longzhou at 2010-3-21 20:32

Before talking out of your a@@?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-22 12:17:17 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-22 12:23:36 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Shured at 2010-3-22 01:12
but they forget the beauty and artistic factors. Ancient Chinese people are far smarter than any modern Chinese. Ancient Chinese people build a very beautiful grid city pattern, garden, clothes, etc.

I strong believe, one day, Chinese next generation will regret this mistake. Don't say I'm a bad person, I give you an advice before everything to late.  ...

not one day, but now, once you have ever read archetecture history, have studied aesthetics, you would return back this a lttle ridiculous comment.

traditinal chinese building has a wonderful style, but who can offer so much land for modern crowd? who can offer so much money to afford it? who has much time to enjoy such situation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-22 12:23:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greatlady at 2010-3-21 23:49

well, it is not ugly,it is crowded and heavy traffic every where esp.in some big cities and business cities.
maybe we are trying to copy some modern styles from overseas  country unfortunately ...

Like other cities in China,for eg.qing dao,kunshan,hangzhou,suzhou,wu yuan ,haungshan,et that i can not named one by one here are very beautiful senery cities ,the structure is ancient and very different than those s big cities,making travelling to that area,u would not call the chinese cities are ugly.it is bias talkings.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-22 16:34:14 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Shured at 2010-3-21 19:58
I don't mean to mocking.

But from what I saw in my own eyes, almost all of China cities are ugly. I wonder if China mayor understand about how to build a city?

For example Shanghai. They buil ...

pls define the new from the refined old u old goatee
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-22 17:12:28 |Display all floors
Who is responsible in shaping the urban environment ?

The people who have to live in ?

or

Some faceless real estate speculators hoping for big profit ?

These sharks surely choose to live in a nice bungalow at the beach site.

[ Last edited by unhealthysms at 2010-3-22 05:13 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.