Author: Shured

Why are Chinese cities so ugly? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-3 01:37:15 |Display all floors
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

I personally have never been a fan of “big skyscraper cities” myself, no matter where they are located on the planet.

Because the true beauty of a city is in the hearts of the people that reside in it, some of the most beautiful things on the surface contain some of the ugliest things inside.

I was through Shanghai back in late January of 2008, it was beautiful and the people I met there were as well, but it had the typical fast paced hustle and bustle that any great skyscraper city has, so in that respect it was not unique to me.

However, the more rural China was another story, it was/is absolutely gorgeous and its people showed me the finest examples of what foreign hospitality is really all about.

“One”, of the most amazing thing to me was the number of children who spoke English in these more rural cities, this caught me by complete surprise, and oh how their parents glowed with pride as their children conversed with me on the street, it truly touched my heart.

The lack of a foreign accent in their spoken English was extraordinary, and I couldn’t believe it as they began writing out words that I could read.

Many children began taking photos of me with their friends using their cell phones; I could barely make it down the street without engaging in some kind of English dialogue with these children.

Since I have only been to China once, I cannot say if this was the rule or the exception in Wenzhou, but it was most impressive to me either way.

That overseas trip to China had the most profound impact on me and on my life, over any other overseas trip I have ever made, and in a most unrivaled way.

I made sure to visit as many old temples as possible, truly a profound experience and the craftsmanship I found there was absolutely astonishing.

I can’t think of a single bad experience over my 11-days and 5-city business/pleasure trip, and I did it with only what could fit in a small day pack, as public busses was my primary mode of transportation, and traveling light was the order of the day.

I can’t wait to go back, and have even gone so far as to look for types of employment in China that might suit me best in my trying to stay connected with the exportation business to the US, but I find nothing.

So, I guess I’ll have to wait for the economy to improve and save up my money again for another taste of China’s great cultural cornucopia.

I could write tons more about my visit, and my photo collection is a constant reminder to me of those life changing experiences that occurred within me so far from my home.

I guess that’s why I’m here, because I’m missing China and I have a personal interest in, as well as, feel a brotherly bond with the peoples of China, and I can’t imagine that anyone who has actually been there, not feeling the same way.
[size=2]The Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of Mankind.[/size]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-3 01:52:44 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-3-28 00:24
Goode pics, 468259058!

Let's state it clearly: Chinese cities are not meant for people; they are meant for the ruling clique and their capitalist buddies to show off, make dough galore and rule  ...

Hehe ...  

To senee, [nothing Chinese] is fit for human consumption with the exception of course of worn Chinese boots where there are plenty to be had and to choose from -- worn Chinese boots which worships feet from exotic lands and worlds as if Gods -- worn Chinese boots which are not made for walking but made for serving, pleasing, hence their willing and submissive ways to all who can provide the financial rewards which is the thing that makes them tick -- worn Chinese boots which in all true reality qualifies as no more but trash anyway...

Yes, only worn Chinese boots

[ Last edited by edisonone at 2010-4-2 09:55 AM ]
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.