Author: Shured

Why are Chinese cities so ugly? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-22 11:09:06 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-22 11:48:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Shured at 2010-3-21 19:58
I don't mean to mocking.

But from what I saw in my own eyes, almost all of China cities are ugly. I wonder if China mayor understand about how to build a city?

For example Shanghai. They buil ...

your contemptuous air approves you are beyond aesthetic senses. undennable, too much skyscrapers will produce much noise, less sunshine lighting, unbalance distubution either for fortune or for weight, but on another hand, it save ground, offer more active spaces for crowd, save traffic flux and people communicate each other conviently and so on....
China has the most population in the world, but less useful soil for agricultrure, this made it to build more and more higher building.
beside, big city has more profit than town, needless to day country.
that's why more and more people wish to live in a big city. so you have to build more and more skyscrapers to live people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-22 11:53:59 |Display all floors
if you don't realize this facts, you willl be as much foolish as possible.
Shanghai has the best archecture designers in China, they plan shanghai as beautiful as other super cities in the world.
I like south yangtse river. it's landscape, its people and their tradional building.
all is charming,

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-22 12:06:24 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-22 12:09:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Shured at 2010-3-22 01:12
May be he doesn't know anything better than Shanghai. Because all Chinese live in poverty and isolated from outside world for decades. Sometimes I have a feeling, Thai and Malay people in SE Asia a ...

isolation is only a relative concept, no absolute isolution in recent society. advace fax, telepone and traffics make people can't isolate absolutely.
every people has their own aesthetic senses, you like this, he loves that. just like foods.

changes are conservation, world is forward and buiding is changing every year. so do in china.
artists deride that building in 60's and 79's are match-like. but new century is skyscrapers.
just a qustion, if there is no higher building, who can offer so many crowd everywhere so many enough living space for this less avarage land country?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-22 12:10:24 |Display all floors
let them live down the street, like as same do as india city?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-22 12:16:04 |Display all floors
Art has no a uniform standard, everyone has their own opinions on it.
do you know Eiffel tower? at beginning, people derided its ugly, but now its attractiing tourists all of the world.
there are many such examples. if you are familiar with artitectures.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.