i don't care

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-21 22:48:30 |Display all floors
I wonder you're not a Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-21 23:49:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Shured at 2010-3-21 19:58
I don't mean to mocking.

But from what I saw in my own eyes, almost all of China cities are ugly. I wonder if China mayor understand about how to build a city?

For example Shanghai. They buil ...

well, it is not ugly,it is crowded and heavy traffic every where esp.in some big cities and business cities.
maybe we are trying to copy some modern styles from overseas  country unfortunately we are not building our own cities .Indeed last time i visited shanghai there are many high buildings raised up in front of me i am wondering if one day sth bad happend it could cause domino offect ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-21 23:50:29 |Display all floors
Originally posted by monicahy at 2010-3-21 22:48
I wonder you're not a Chinese.

what do U mean here?
U mean chinese ppls dare not to speak out the Truth?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-22 01:12:26 |Display all floors
May be he doesn't know anything better than Shanghai. Because all Chinese live in poverty and isolated from outside world for decades. Sometimes I have a feeling, Thai and Malay people in SE Asia are far modern and civilize than Chinese people.

I think Shanghai need to redesign their city, a massive makeover. Take down all ugly skyscrapers and skyscrapers that built in improper place. Shanghai government also need to passing city beautification laws. I think Chinese people has a personal hygiene problem. Even in HK, I wonder why no one in HK care to clean residential building.

I also saw Shanghai Urban Exhibition, I can say Shanghai 2020 is extremely ugly and a huge mistake. I wonder why no world class city planner told Shanghai mayor about their mistake in urban design. 2020 is still 10 years away, there's still time to fix it. Can someone bring my voice to Shanghai mayor?

Other city like Guangzhou, Tianjin, Chongqing, etc are ugly too. Chinese mentality just want to look big, tall and grand but they forget the beauty and artistic factors. Ancient Chinese people are far smarter than any modern Chinese. Ancient Chinese people build a very beautiful grid city pattern, garden, clothes, etc.

I strong believe, one day, Chinese next generation will regret this mistake. Don't say I'm a bad person, I give you an advice before everything to late.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-22 01:53:22 |Display all floors

Forget Shanghai .....

......... all I remember from it, is that I bought a Rolex

The tourbus took us to a beauuuutiful village south from Shanghai.
Perhaps 60-80 km. distance.

It's an ancient village built with water channels instead of streets. Bridges connectig between the houses ............. beauuuutiful.
Most houses were in the process of being converted into small shops, coffee shops, restaurants .........

Get into our shoes for a moment. For the Middle Easterns, to live in a place where there is more fresh water than air ........ is next to Paradise. Ming bai ma?

If I don't retire in Qingdao ...... I will probably retire on that village .......... and export the water to Saudi Arabia.

What's the name of the village .... anybody???

[ Last edited by packapaca at 2010-3-22 01:57 AM ]
If we all think alike, ... then nobody is thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-22 08:21:05 |Display all floors
Ugly chinese cities.

I would say "inhuman" chinese city.

Responsibles:

60's Mao era and the stalinist architecture. gray, big, dark, poor quality.

80's The reign og money, investisor. earn money with real estate. no place for art, for light, for comfort (except for the rich). people are like rabbit.

There are excellent architect in china, but thee good architects that can change the things dont decide for most chinese peoples. It's not better in Hong Kong or Taiwan.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.