Author: satsu_jin

American experience fails to help them understand Tibet [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-3-24 10:37:47 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-3-19 12:21

Least of all you and your ilk can be trusted, not only when it comes to the T.  b.   issue.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-3-24 11:26:51 |Display all floors

Curious

I believe that China made a very large mistake in T.bet.

I see the figure 60,000,000 bandied about here in this thread and strangely enough this was the purported population of N. America when the colonizers first arrived, which after 150 years is now a paltry 2,000,0000 and the antithesis of the T.bet situation.

These final N. American survivors do not have a country, and therefore how can this be compared to T.bet which is an intact region.

The mistake China made was not to decimate the indigenous population so that they become a minority of just 0.75% of a total population of invading migrants with no say in their future.

If they had done that then this thread would be as dead as the N. American Indian and their fabled leaders.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-3-24 11:39:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-3-24 12:26
I believe that China made a very large mistake in T.bet.

I see the figure 60,000,000 bandied about here in this thread and strangely enough this was the purported population of N. America when t ...

Hmmm, a bit radical, isn't it?

I like the people of T.  b.  and feel happy for them. They do enjoy the improvement of their standard of living. Anybody who goes there can see the vitality and happiness. Quite different from what Seneca and some others tell us over here.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-3-24 11:45:19 |Display all floors

satsu_jin

Black humour my friend.

A British concept.

Seemingly unknown to most outside of Britain, and used a method of shocking people to the truth.

Please read between the lines rather than just the script.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-25 13:03:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-3-24 11:45
Black humour my friend.

A British concept.

Seemingly unknown to most outside of Britain, and used a method of shocking people to the truth.

Please read between the lines rather than just t ...

you have a good sense of humor. i thought there was none of  the Indian in America,guess im wrong

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-25 18:01:44 |Display all floors

leeman

Yes, there are still some left.

But they have lost any control over the territories they once owned.

And are reduced to an area one third the size of Texas.

A forgotten minority.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-28 06:36:47 |Display all floors
Dude! There are tons of movies regarding the Native American experience. In fact, even the Corporation for Public Broadcasting has a documentary series, "We Shall Remain", which is balanced but broadly critical of US government policy regarding Native Americans from the major incidents of the 18th and 19th century, to the inability of Congress to see its way to combating BIA corruption today.

And that's a quasi-government entity. Get it? Even the US government discusses the historical and current issues with greater transparency and level of critical analysis than anyone in China is even allowed to regarding not only TBT, but most political issues.

Seriously, you people are full of it.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.