Author: cestmoi

Does religion bring people together? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-4-3 20:15:51 |Display all floors
Originally posted by 1584austin at 2010-3-21 04:36
Yes it brings people together in graveyards:) Religion has a lot to answer to.

Yes, religion brings people together - to fight!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-3 22:08:40 |Display all floors
I think the first several posts on page 2 are good examples for the serious problem brought on by religion.

Quite a few posters have made it very clear: religion bring unified race-line among the same, while creating hatred, fear and exclusion to the different.

Religion clearly divides people.

But the strong faithful use irrationality to blind themselves from observable facts and overwhelming trend. I know this exactly. Here is their reason: since Ghod is good and divine, so religion is good and unites people. These people are blind to facts. Everything they have is brainlessly derived from their bibble, their religious doctrines and the fear and racism of their own group of people. Religion divides the world and a nation into irreconciliatory factions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-3 22:40:46 |Display all floors
It brings people together.

The Easter Mass which I have just attended was as crowded as can be !

Timbatu,

YOU can be a part of it !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-3 22:41:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-3-20 04:44

You asked a straightforward opinion - here is mine:

Every GREAT civilisation sprang up around a founding cult, a religion, a set of values enshrined in a belief and practised in culture.

There may have been civilisations without religion - but they lacked greatness.

True! But what happend when these great islands of civilisation met cultures with another imaginary worldview? Total war! Surely civilasion have evolved to a state where we could lay these imaginary and exclusive worldviews aside? And live by our good human values alone!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2010-4-3 23:38:23 |Display all floors
Originally posted by nebula1 at 2010-4-3 20:15

Yes, religion brings people together - to fight!

Chao Ren VFP

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-3 23:43:33 |Display all floors
Originally posted by rockmybaby at 2010-4-3 22:40
It brings people together.The Easter Mass which I have just attended was as crowded as can be !
Timbatu, YOU can be a part of it !

I can physically go there but people will not accept me. They treat me differently with fear and exclusion. They are religious bigots and racists. Some Christians NEVER EVER experiences this directly. So they really do not know, or do they?

I think the first several posts on page 2 are good examples for the serious problem brought on by religion.

Quite a few posters have made it very clear: religion bring unified race-line among the same, while creating hatred, fear and exclusion to the different.

Religion clearly divides people.

But the strong faithful use irrationality to blind themselves from observable facts and overwhelming trend. I know this exactly. Here is their reason: since Ghod is good and divine, so religion is good and unites people. These people are blind to facts. Everything they have is brainlessly derived from their bibble, their religious doctrines and the fear and racism of their own group of people. Religion divides the world and a nation into irreconciliatory factions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-4-3 23:47:31 |Display all floors
Originally posted by timbatu at 2010-4-3 23:43

I can physically go there but people will not accept me. They treat me differently with fear and exclusion. They are religious bigots and racists. Some Christians NEVER EVER experiences this di ...

--------------------------------

Race line ?

Yeah you are right, their was a line of black people kneeling in front of me and to my right. To my left site and at the back their were lots of Chinese people and Philippinas,

I have seen even some Europeans around. Is that what you mean with race lines - or has it something to do with Michael Schumacher's pole position ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.