Author: cestmoi

Chinalco-Rio Tinto Post Mortem [Copy link] 中文

Gold Medal

Post time 2010-3-29 16:23:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2010-3-29 17:03

What will be interesting is to see the sentence for the Chinese steel executive (employed by a State Owned Enterprise ?) who was instrumental in these charges being filed.

Of course nobody wou ...

What will also be interesting is how Rio reacts. Here is a statement from a manager of 'Pengana Capital Ltd.'  in Melbourne:

“Rio can’t walk away totally untarnished,” said Tim Schroeders, who helps manage $1 billion, including mining shares, at Pengana Capital Ltd. in Melbourne. “Arguably the company should have had a closer handle on its representatives in China. Endemic exposure to corruption is clearly something China won’t tolerate.”

Your compatriots have a down to earth approach on this subject.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 16:27:51 |Display all floors
[quote]Originally posted by cestmoi at 2010-3-16 10:28

Never ever trust white Australians, you will regret it.

just the likes of fake chair.man,EmuC, ZG, etc la
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 17:28:12 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2010-3-16 12:28
Never ever trust white Australians, you will regret it.

All those charged, found guilty and sentenced, were ethnic Chinese, bribers and bribees.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 17:35:50 |Display all floors
Originally posted by emucentral at 2010-3-29 17:28

All those charged, found guilty and sentenced, were ethnic Chinese, bribers and bribees.

Yep, SternHU ...ethnic Chinese Australian. And the other 3 convicted were Chinese. So this is a Chinese case only,hah?!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 18:24:28 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-3-29 19:35
Yep, SternHU ...ethnic Chinese Australian. And the other 3 convicted were Chinese. So this is a Chinese case only,hah?!

No, I was responding to Cestmoi's racist assertion with the fact that the convicted criminals were not the white Australians he so despises. Simply pointing out the unpleasant reality in this case.

I make no claim that "white Australians" are not involved in corruption, we do see it all too often.

This Rio case, however, has some serious concerns, and I do not believe they are linked with ethnicity (despite the slanderous allegations by the chinauvinists against "anglos") but are mostly concerned with nationalist and business negotiations not going according to the plans of the born to rule mentality of Beijing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 18:29:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by Alex2010 at 2010-3-29 17:35

If so, then why emucc is so upset?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-29 20:00:18 |Display all floors
Originally posted by liuyedao at 2010-3-29 20:29
If so, then why emucc is so upset?

Oh dear, you really have failed to see the point of my posts, for more than 5 years, you silly fool.

My issue is about justice, human rights and democracy.

I don't care whether people are Chinese, African, Anglo-saxon or whatever, they deserve to have their rights protected.

China breached its consular agreements with Australia over the conduct of this trial.
Australian diplomats were not allowed to attend the trial, DESPITE CHINESE LAW GUARANTEEING ACCESS BY OUR GOVERNMENT REPRESENTATIVES !

Since the trial was not carried out in an open manner, it seems that the Chinese legal authorities are hiding something.

China had the opportunity to reassure the international community that these 4 blokes were not set up to seek revenge on Rio. China failed to take this opportunity.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.