Author: cestmoi

Chinalco-Rio Tinto Post Mortem [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-27 05:52:11 |Display all floors
Cestmoi, you are the one who pleaded leniancy for Stern Hu, not once but a number of times.  I've read your past posts and did have high regards for your writing. Lately you seem to display paranoia and anxiety in your writings. What is your relationship with Sten Hu, given your emotional outburst?

By all means, do invite the police and CISA to interview me. I'll be happy to answer queries, but I'm afraid you'll just waste their precious time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-27 06:20:52 |Display all floors
Originally posted by kche99 at 2010-3-27 05:52
Cestmoi, you are the one who pleaded leniancy for Stern Hu, not once but a number of times.  I've read your past posts and did have high regards for your writing. Lately you seem to display paranoi ...

Ignore the fool Cestmoi, kchen.

His argument goes that foreign spies shouldn't be blamed, they are only the employees.
Send the bills to their bosses' shops; the CIA, MI6, ASIS, etc..

Stern Hu betrayed his birth country for the gweilos; for fame and riches.

He should be punish severly as an example to other would be traitors of the Motherland.
His assets in the Mainland should be confiscated, to compensate for the damages he did to China's metal bashing industry; then a life sentence with hard labor!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-27 06:36:24 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-3-26 10:49
We do expect the verdict on Monday and I dare to predict it will be a fair verdict and the punishment wont be too harsh. Anyone has a different opinion?

You are joking.

This seems to be more about the internal power play in the CCP than what Rio was up to.

It does, however, seem that the local Chinese employees of Rio were not able to come up to the standards demanded of western corporate practice, and continued to engage in bribery.

Although it does seem strange that while they were initially accused of "stealing state secrets" and commercial secrets, one would have thought that they would be the ones doing the bribing, paying money to Chinese steel buyers and officials. Now it seems that they were bribed by corrupt Chinese officials.

Where are the reports about the Chinese steel executives being charged for bribery ???

Originally posted by cestmoi at 2010-3-16 12:28
Never ever trust white Australians, you will regret it.
Thx.

Originally posted by cestmoi at 2010-3-26 10:06
The only reason why kche99 would want to deflect attention onto Stern HU is to steer it away from the Wang - Du Hong Kong arrangement behind the back of CISA and the Chinese people.  ...

So now, Cestmoi, are you going to write "never trust yellow Chinese*" too ?

Originally posted by cestmoi at 2010-3-20 06:45
China will be forking out the money and Rio Tinto will be raking in the money, our money. ...

So are you a PRC resident citizen ?
If not, then it's not "your" money.

Originally posted by ThankoPan at 2010-3-27 08:20
Ignore the fool Cestmoi, kchen. ...

Ignore the fools ThankoPan and kchen, Cestmoi.

They are even more racist and ignorant than you !

(* I write this simply to demonstrate the hypocrisy and racism of Cestmoi)
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-27 08:32:19 |Display all floors

The public admission of a regional monopoly

Okay, listen up, BHP Billiton Rio Tinto, the regional monopoly and a global duopoly, has proven itself incapable of managing its staff and sales operations in China. Its fractious internal politics pull the parts of the monopoly in different directions. Anglo Australian management has lost control because it is too big, too unwieldy.

BHP Billiton Rio Tinto is too big and powerful an entity to exist.

In the West, a monopoly of the scale of BHP Billiton Rio Tinto is normally unacceptable and public opinion would gravitate against such a huge, monopolistic, entity.

Of course if it is used to constrain China's growth and limit China's potential, then it is obviously acceptable to white Australia.

The problem here is, this regional monopoly cannot be trusted because it cannot be controlled. It cannot be controlled because it is too big. It is the Ma Bell of the resource industry, except that it is bigger and the elite top echelon is an unprincipled, empire-building white Australia with an empire mentality that dates back to the British East India Company.

One of the findings is the way the monopoly used the media to promote its agenda and to win white Australia's public opinion to support a monopoly to constrain China's growth and to squeeze China for the benefit of an Anglo Australian empire.

To further cast dispersion on China, white Australia has consistently reported on the Stern Hu case. Stern Hu has admitted to accepting a relatively minor bribe. White Australia is using Stern Hu to divert attention from its more insidious activities.

China should slap a fine on Stern Hu and a jail sentence with time served, then let him serve out the rest in Australia. It is unfortunate that a BHP Billiton Rio Tinto senior executive should take a bribe.

We are after accountability from a regional monopoly and a global duopoly, we are after accountability from BHP Billiton Rio Tinto.

[ Last edited by cestmoi at 2010-3-27 08:55 AM ]
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-27 08:51:42 |Display all floors

Dumb shyte pick me up bird!

Originally posted by emucentral at 2010-3-27 06:36

I might not be so well read, but I'm no racist!
Damn it, I can prove it!
I'm married to a smelly English woman, and loving every minute of it!   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-27 08:56:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by cestmoi at 2010-3-27 08:32
Okay, listen up, BHP Billiton Rio Tinto, the regional monopoly and a global duopoly, .......
In the West, a monopoly of the scale of BHP Billiton Rio Tinto is normally unacceptable and public opinion would gravitate against such a huge, monopolistic, entity.

You don't half talk nonsense Cesspool!

BHP Billton and Rio Tinto are Western companies, and listed in the LSE; and they are  LOVED  by the gweilos you fool!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-27 08:57:18 |Display all floors

Oh yes,

they are also dictate the commodity market there too!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.