Author: tamson

Executives' salaries 18 times higher than workers' [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-10 15:52:14 |Display all floors
Which cuntry is that?  I have another question! How do you spend (1) US$1,000 a month, (2) US$10,000 a month, (3) US$100,000 a month, (4) US$1,000,000 a month!  What do people do with an income of US$500 million a year? Do they keep it in cash or.........

Greendragon: I'm half half french, I talked about france, but it's similar in others europe countries. In Asia, it's better not to mention....

How they spend their money: I know many rich here in China: some of them spend their money for leasure: buy expensive cars, wines, women...Etc
Some of them invest, generally they dont take the time to live, and earn money just to earn money and invest and earn more money. It's not for the country or for others or even for their happiness (I know a TV channel boss who 's got 6 luxury cars, but 2 children only know their school, their home and the little park near their house...),

In a modern city: with US$1,000 a month: you can just live and little extras, with US$10,000 a month, you have good car and travel, house, US$1,000,000 a month! then you are a city VIP, driving luxury car and collect houses and women, you invest to earn more. But when you US$1,000,000 a month, never forget that you influence the local economy: you want luxury so the house price increase and those who cannot afford just move to suburb, you want to have a beautiful building for your company so the families who live there for 100 years just have to move. You need luxyry brand and food so you pollute 1000 times than a worker.

Money is like water: just a drop and you are more thirsty.

Also, if you ask my opinion: In my country, we see at first sight a true rich and a "bourgeois", wich is the one who earn a lot bu is tasteless. so if you ask me how they would spend their money: I would answer you: maybe , at first learn to be elegant and polite: among all the peoples I known the most unrespectfuln the most rude aare the riches. the most generous are the poorest.. that's my experience.

There are rich because there are poor: never forget that if someone can earn 1000 000 US$ month, it's just because other work 10 hours a day for US$ month.

A proverb from countryside in France ( an old man who make wine told me): too much money is not good.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-3-10 16:10:26 |Display all floors
I see stuff here about the oppressed worker.

I see stuff here about the well paid execs.

What I don't see is the idea that workers can improve their lot.

And in many instances by dedication and further education.

There are many stories around the world and especially in China.

Where people have gone from poverty to riches by their own efforts.

These people do not hate the money they have gained.

No matter how much.

And usually deserve it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-10 16:14:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by expatter at 2010-3-10 16:10
I see stuff here about the oppressed worker.
I see stuff here about the well paid execs.
And in many instances by dedicat ...

You talking about the American dream........

how can a underpaid line worker afford to do to college in China???

it's called class system, poor workers that stay that way for generations......

this is the correct especially China statement.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-10 16:24:38 |Display all floors
Originally posted by esoteriksky at 2010-3-10 16:14
You talking about the American dream........

how can a underpaid line worker afford to do to college in China???

it's called class system, poor workers that stay that way for generation ...

Seems you don't know what you're talking about.

College students here received allowance from the school if he's economically poor.

They don't need to pay for anything during their 4 years college, not to mention almost free education if he made it to master or PhD.

So clear away the prejudice before you made ridiculous accussation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-10 16:37:55 |Display all floors
If the salaries are what the top executives only can get, it's ok. What we should investigate is whether and how much they get behind the doors.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-10 17:22:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by haishiwo at 2010-3-10 16:37
If the salaries are what the top executives only can get, it's ok. What we should investigate is whether and how much they get behind the doors.

pls listen to the song : BEHIND CLOSE DOORS
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-10 20:29:35 |Display all floors

Reply #23 expatter's post

And in many instances by dedication and further education.

There are many stories around the world and especially in China.

Where people have gone from poverty to riches by their own efforts.

What you write is not wrong, but it is dishonest and unrealist. People are not all supermen, peoples (workers) are not all so clever, young, in good health, with many ideas.

Most workers are just honest peoples with families, that working the best they can for years without improve in their life. Peoples have the right to wait to buy an house, to live decently, and afford health car, that's the minimum, but we see now that even this minimum is more and more impossible to reach because there are big fat white collars who playing with their billion and not only destroy the planet, but also make house price increasing so now even the medium social class can no more buy an apprtment in medium-big cities, not to mention the food prices, its seems to be that our life and the world stability is just in the hand of these sick peoples.

It's so easy and so hypocrit to give people beautiful hopes when you perfectly know that only 0,0001 percent of them only will realize it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.