Author: treaty2

Honor the Treaties [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-3-27 06:41:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by matthew5_3 at 2010-3-27 05:55
Mongols and Manchus were conquerors of China.  But China makes them Chinese.
All China now belongs to all-Chinese peoples, including Mongols and Manchus and Tbtns.

All Australia now belongs to all Australian people, including Indigenous Australians (who have special land rights), Caucasians, Mongols, Hans, Melanesians, Africans, Polynesians, and so on.

Oh BTW Matthew, you haven't answered the language issue.
"他不是救星, 他是一个非常淘气男孩" - Monty Python

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-27 17:39:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by seneca at 2010-3-27 13:11

'made' them 'Chinese, right?

No problemo for mio.

I queried - in that other post that's still in the filter! - whether they wanted to become 'Chinese'.

You know if Winnie Mandela in ...

South Africa.......i love it, did you know Chinese are considered as blacks there?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-27 18:19:27 |Display all floors
Kind of the pre-eminent difference was what Seneca pointed out: it is not illegal, and certainly not going to get you an extra-legal beating, to discuss this or for their leaders to demand anything of the US president. In China, all of these people would be in jail as subversive elements or confined to monasteries. If you have questions about the condition on reservations, you need only go there and they will show you everything, the good and the bad.

The responses of the Beijing Bozos tend to remind me of an old Cold War joke:

An American and a Soviet guard were talking at a Berlin border crossing.

"In my country, I can criticize the government whenever I want. I'm perfectly free to shout out 'I think it's horrible how President Eisenhower is running America!'"

The Soviet guard chuckled and said, "I can do that, too."

"Really?" said the American guard.

"Of course. I could march right into the Kremlin, pound on Khrushchev's desk and say 'Mr. General Secretary, I think it's horrible how Eisenhower is running America!'"

And this is how you all sound to most of us, except you don't have the good sense of humor of the Soviets.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-27 21:48:37 |Display all floors

Seneca - Manchu and Mongol Emperors Say they are Chinese

Yuan Dynasty is a Chinese dynasty for China only - including Ti bet, by the edict of Mongol Emperor Kublai Khan.

Qing dynasty Emperors called their empire "China", and therefore they themselves were Chinese.

9th Pan chen Lama was a Cabinet minister under Chiang Kai-shek.

10th and 11th Pan Chen Lama was/is the vice-Chairmen (also transalated vice-President) of Chinese PPCC.

Ti bet's No. 1 military commander under the Da lai Lama regime (Ngabo) was the Governor of Ti bet Autonomous Region for many years, and later became vice-President of the Chinese PPCC, until his death last year at the age of 99 years old.

(Ngabo was one of the five Ti betan representatives sent by Da lai Lama who signed the 17-Point Agreement for the Liberation of Ti bet, and was instrumental in persuading the Da Lai Lama to accept and endorse the Agreement.)

Those who don't want to be Chinese can exile themselves - like the slave master No. 1 Da Lai Lama who could not bear to see his slaves and serfs being set free.

[ Last edited by matthew5_3 at 2010-3-28 01:03 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-28 03:19:33 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-28 06:28:40 |Display all floors
The Yuan Dynasty was not Chinese and was certainly not seen as such by the Chinese people of the time. Indeed, the Yuan placed heavy restrictions on the Han people (and everyone else that wasn't a Mongol) and this led to revolt.

Seriously, I've never seen a people so deeply ignorant of their own history or so selective of what counts as "the oppression of foreign occupiers" as y'all.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-3-28 10:29:08 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2010-3-28 06:28
The Yuan Dynasty was not Chinese and was certainly not seen as such by the Chinese people of the time. Indeed, the Yuan placed heavy restrictions on the Han people (and everyone else that wasn't a  ...

Are you telling us Obama is not American because he is not white enough?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.