Author: esoteriksky

Democracy in Hong Kong? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-27 10:11:17 |Display all floors

Created to enrich England

Originally posted by esoteriksky at 2010-1-27 10:03

nonsense, the English left Hong Kong in a much better condition than they found it.....

it not prevented by a fence many many Chinese would wish to live in the English influenced Hong Kong ...

And at what price? Opium war!

Hong Kong was there to enrich England, the whites left behind crumbs. Jardine Matheson packed and ran, HSBC built its "HQ" in London and only came back to beg for money...

Hong Kong's future is guaranteed by Beijing, whether you people like it or not.

Hong Kong needs to look to China for its future, it has never been able to look  to the whites for anything by cruelty and regrets.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-27 10:16:19 |Display all floors

The Brits WEAPONIZED Democracy!

Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2010-1-27 10:09
There was never democracy in HKG under British rule until it became clear that HK had to be handed over to China again. Only then the Brits discovered demoracy was the best solution for this  ...

Right!

This is not about democracy, the people here are re-writing history.

The Brits weaponized democracy when faced with the reality,

Why didn't the Brits gave us democracy right from the beginning, and treated us as equals?
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-27 10:21:30 |Display all floors

Re-run?

Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2010-1-27 10:08
"I'm lucky"..........................
you're lucky I don't hold a grduge about an Uncle who was killed in Korea in '52. crocodile tears, heard it all over the world, in mnay wars and.... ...

We can do that all over again, you will lose more than an uncle.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-27 10:23:51 |Display all floors

Mirror mirror on the wall

Originally posted by Aussie Aussie A at 2010-1-27 10:16
Why do you do that cestmoi

You make a gret point and then you spoil it with racism and hate and you destroy your argument

Sometimes, you guys can make good points only to destroy it with insufferable arrogance and by re-writing history

Colonialism and racism go hand in hand.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-27 10:35:53 |Display all floors

So now you are gonna tell me....

Originally posted by LongDDxU at 2010-1-27 09:31

I beleive trolling in this BBS can give you a better life

that this is your great contribution to the current discussion in this thread?

Did you read the report done by a USA agency? No, of course, instead you, like that old goat from Panyu come here to just fart out of your mouths!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-27 10:38:40 |Display all floors

Excuse Kiwi....

Originally posted by exportedkiwi at 2010-1-27 09:36
Not according to a (Chinese HKer) that stayed!
Not meant confrontationally, but, I've had a penfrind in HK since I was 11 yrs old. Do you think she might know a lil bit?

you might have had a pen friend from HK 11 years.

I run a company where some of our partners (4 actually) are hongkongers. I share life and business with them daily here in Shanghai. I still have to hear one decent word from them and their life in HK previous the take over.

Our Vice President, to be exact, tells me that they were not even allowed in certain places when he was a kid! He's 58 years old! I don't think PRC was there at those times, right.?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-27 10:40:36 |Display all floors

Read that report I posted....

Originally posted by seneca at 2010-1-27 10:13

Hongkongers(most of whom were born on the Mainland after 1949 and before 1980) had their best lives in the last quarter of the previous century.

What you are now seeing is a slowly asphyx ...

then come and give your opinion. Otherwise, you will put under the same category as LongDD; the dumb!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.