Author: longzhou

FBI puts Spanish parliament member in trouble! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-18 19:57:49 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2010-1-18 12:19
I would seriously doubt he's in any danger and it's not the CIA's fault that Llamarez looks like a terrorist.

I guess it wouldn't be your fault that you look like an FBI agent.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-18 20:15:11 |Display all floors
Long,

More likely that someone was commissioned to do a sketch of an older bin Laden, a staffer noticed a resemblance with the Spanish politician and they set to work to create a Photoshopped older bin Laden photo using Llamarez's face as a base. That sketch probably circulated widely in intelligence, Justice and State, so it's not as if a tiny cabal of people would have been at work. Alternatively, the artist started going through his Federal rolodex and sent the sketch out, hoping someone would suggest a picture that resembled bin Laden. It's much more likely that, at some point, someone noticed a resemblance and that eventually got back to a person who Photoshopped one up
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-18 20:15:56 |Display all floors
Bao,

I work for the Federal government and have contacts with the FBI. I assure you, the FBI looks far more professional than I do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-18 20:27:19 |Display all floors

Sounds reasonable.......

Originally posted by interesting at 2010-1-18 20:15
Long,

More likely that someone was commissioned to do a sketch of an older bin Laden, a staffer noticed a resemblance with the Spanish politician and they set to work to create a Photoshopped ol ...

but you will agree with me that not too professional.

We are not talking about a complete unknown guy; he's the leader of a political party in Spain and the Spanish's parliament foreign affairs rep.

He's a communist......could have influenced?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-18 20:45:16 |Display all floors
Long,

On the professionalism part, it would actually be less professional to use some anonymous person. Politicians are public figures and it's generally less problematic to use their image than that of a private person.

If it was unprofessional, it would likely be because someone is an immigrant from Spain, works for the FBI, doesn't like Llamarez and thought this would be hilarious. And, frankly, if you imagine taking someone you dislike and using them as the basis for a photo of a terrorist... well... it does sound an awful lot like a dumb office prank.

Really, this is my problem with this sort of thing. Already people are searching for some form of geopolitical motive when that is the least likely explanation.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2010-1-18 20:56:38 |Display all floors

longzhou

"To do so, the FBI copied and pasted the white hair of the MP"

Hey my friend.  Am I reading this wrong?

This reads as if they pasted the Spanish guy's white hair onto Obama's head.

Maybe a new coiffure would do the trick.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-18 21:40:43 |Display all floors
Originally posted by interesting at 2010-1-18 21:45
it does sound an awful lot like a dumb office prank.

As good an exuse as any one

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.