Views: 3286|Replies: 6

The Danger of Skin Whitening Creams [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2010-1-17 08:37:42 |Display all floors
A lot of ladies here in China use these cremes, so be careful, because some of them contain steriods and can be harmful to health.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/16/health/16skin.html?em

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 09:57:52 |Display all floors

Reply #1 karenb's post

its better just to cover up and stay in the shade as much as possible

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 10:14:56 |Display all floors
The danger is not whitening cream, the danger is the man power that force women to fit their vulgar esthetic criteriums....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-17 10:23:53 |Display all floors

Reply #3 yasawakic's post

haha men put the cream on for the women? just joking i know what you mean

in that case, just think of the health benefits of covering your skin with clothes, its better and cheaper than creams

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-18 20:35:30 |Display all floors
whitening creams??????????????? jajajaja! at my country be bronze is more beautifull, be white is for bored people, there are girls like prefer be white?
Gloria Maria A.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-19 10:46:33 |Display all floors
I wonder, do women want to be white for the men, or for other women?  Or for themselves?  Or for society in general?

I'm perpetually brown these days, even though I carry my umbrella.  Hainan sun is that way.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-19 11:36:48 |Display all floors
Originally posted by karenb at 2010-1-19 10:46
I wonder, do women want to be white for the men, or for other women?  Or for themselves?  Or for society in general?

I'm perpetually brown these days, even though I carry my umbrella.  

I would love to have a nice tan, but I'm fair skinned, and the sun does cause wrinkles and raises risk of skin cancer. Like you, I live in a sunny place - so I'm always looking for shade and sunblock every day.

Covering up with dark clothes, yet still getting about 15 minutes of sun a day is a good bet. Dark clothes will keep the burning rays off you better than lighter clothes.

Some sun everyday helps your body make vitamin D, which helps us absorb calcium and is showing promise as a cancer preventive.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.