Author: terryfoy

Just Talk! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-10-4 09:00:49 |Display all floors

Aren't we a bright boy...

Well done, but you took your time to spot the obvious.  The whole point of starting the thread - was simple spelling mistakes and / or grammar.
Anyone with an iota of brain cells would comprehend the initial statement (or beginning of the thread) and see that the errors were intentional.  Simply, emphasising a point.  So – applaud me or knock me if you will, but please make sure you fully understand before you attempt to belittle me (moderators included).  Unless you really understand the statement, or point I was making I would refrain from patting yourselves on the back.  Ever shot yourself in the foot? - or feet?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-5 15:30:54 |Display all floors

Terry, what the heck are you trying to do here?

If you were such a good Samaritan, please give your time and help these people who are in a far-away land and are obviously so eager to learn YOUR mother tongue, and drop all this sarcasm and smugness.  Please re-read the last message you posted and if you don't feel ashamed of yourself, then I feel sorry for you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-11 23:45:36 |Display all floors

great

Great!i always stand on Mellifluent's side ! a good feedback to that foreigner!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-31 04:02:23 |Display all floors

hi

In daily conversation , esp when you talk to a native speaker , it doesn't matter when you make a grammar mistake ! Since they know you are a non-native speaker as they are , If what you said is acceptable , it would be OK!  If you are cut  many times during the talk , you gradually will lose the confidence , regard yourself as a stupid person , only making mistakes . It is a bad result ! What you could do is to learn from your mistakes !!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-31 20:58:12 |Display all floors

Waay Christy0220 !!!!

Thank you for saying something so important! The grammar is not so important in conversation, or else half the world's communication would stop, especially between visitor/newcomer and the local speaker.  As long as we have communication..  Many people here are learning English without having years of aural exposure to it.  But if they are practising, and they need encouragement to keep trying.  But I get the impression that the first phrase that students learn is "my English is poor"!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-1 19:46:04 |Display all floors

You are so kind!

I am a chinese girl ,I have graduated from school,MY ENGLISH is not good,I want to learn ENGLISHfrom the internet ,but I can't anything ver good .
Can you help ?

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-3-7 00:32:50 |Display all floors
terryfoy Post time: 2003-10-4 09:00
Well done, but you took your time to spot the obvious.  The whole point of starting the thread - was ...

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP.....YOU MADE THOSE MISTAKES ON PURPOSE.......LET PEOPLE HAVE FUN.....

THEY KNOW NEED A GRAMMAR OR SPELLING  POLICEMAN........

FUGGETABOUTIT....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.