Author: souvenir

Japanese firm agrees to pay World War II Chinese laborers [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-11-4 16:15:07 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-11-4 16:01

Is this a Chinese affair??   Ask your own government(s) to settle the claim.

it is a world affair la U old goat
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-4 16:16:21 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-11-4 16:06

Yes, it's true. I know that wounds heal harder in Asia than Europe but in the end I see the outcome similar to what Germany and France or Germany and Poland or for that matter even Germany and  ...

as i noticed, japs never dare to visit Nanking(due to 1937) as tourists

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-11-4 16:16:42 |Display all floors
Originally posted by caringhk at 2009-11-4 17:15

it is a world affair la U old goat

No, it is always a bilateral affair.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-4 16:16:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-11-4 16:06

Yes, it's true. I know that wounds heal harder in Asia than Europe but in the end I see the outcome similar to what Germany and France or Germany and Poland or for that matter even Germany and  ...

best wish for china and japan.

besides the government's determination, the media should play its right role to publicize more of this kinds of good news which can heal the wounds and help to build bilateral trust between the two countries

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-4 16:28:20 |Display all floors
Originally posted by satsu_jin at 2009-11-4 16:16

No, it is always a bilateral affair.

no wonder all bisons died

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-11-4 16:32:07 |Display all floors
This is a good....start.  

The sad thing is that it was a private sector affair.  Their government should be the one coming out with a proper and complete national program.  

Although some countries have withheld claims to damages, it would only be correct by Japan's code of honor for the japanese government of any party  to banish their own moral cowardice extended so far at their own convenience and at the price of so much grievous pain in the memories of so many throughout Asia.  

Start with the comfort women. Include Aso's grandfather's indentured laborers. Work back to the families of those five hundred thousand who were experimented on by their Unit 731 in Harbin.  Continue by providing support to those families of the three hundred massacred in Nanjing. Remove all those land mines.  

The list is long but every long journey starts with a first step.  That step has been taken. The next should be easier.  

If there is real moral courage.

The japanese are world-renown for the energetic thoroughness of their works. If in war, so too it must be in peace.

They will remain an unrehabilitated race so long as they use words to shield themselves from facing up more fully and concretely to their past by deeds.

The new generations await the next development by their majesties' subjects on this central matter .

If not entirely in cash, in kind also can consider. Shares come to mind.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2009-11-4 16:32:58 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tamson at 2009-11-4 17:16

best wish for china and japan.

besides the government's determination, the media should play its right role to publicize more of this kinds of good news which can heal the wounds and help  ...

I agree, the media play a crucial role.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.